09/13/16, 05:34 AM   #21
Sounomi
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
We've tried a lot of different ways to delete and get new mail on PTS but haven't seen this. Do you have anymore info on how the bug happens?
Well, I did some more poking around and it turns it was the add-on I made to help delete the Rewards of the Worthy mails faster. It merely hooks into the MAIL_INBOX.TryTakeAll function to auto delete the message once the attachments are manually taken out. I didn't realize at first that it was my add-on causing the problem because the only part of the inbox code that it modifies wasn't listed.

Eventually I pinpointed it to only be occurring when the inbox is full but there's still an influx of more mails to come in (although it doesn't seem to happen when the mails come in due to changing zones). But I looked all over my code that interacts with the inbox and monitored how it interacts with the game's own inbox code and couldn't find anything. The odd thing is, this never happened in the previous PTS update where I first wrote this add-on.

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
2.6.1 popped yesterday, I've updated sourcecode.

/script d(zo_strformat("I am a <<1>>", "<<player{male/female}>>")) -> I am a <<player{male/female}>>

is not fixed but API have here and there be modified, format has been dropped. not everywhere and not in C++ code neither.
for now I wait for the final solution .. ^^
Speaking of the ESOUI code, is there a proper way to report errors/bugs that we may come across while using that code to facilitate our own add-ons? I occasionally stumble across some in the code while looking at it to figure out how to modify things for my own add-ons.
09/20/16, 01:30 PM   #22
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
On the next PTS the 3D API functions will be public once more with the caveat that addon 3D controls will not render in SOLO, GROUP, or RAID instances.
09/21/16, 09:18 AM   #23
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In my sidTools dev addon I replaced the built in zo_callLater with a custom function where the update callback is unregistered before calling the target function. I did this because in the case of an error in the called function the unregister call will never be reached and the broken function will be called again until the UI is reloaded, which can be highly annoying especially during addon development. This has worked without a problem since I made sidTools almost a year ago, but with the latest PTS patch it started producing insecure code errors because the new crown gem crate related code uses zo_callLater, forcing me to remove the custom zo_callLater function. So please apply the following change which has been tested by me and other addon devs for a year to the base game:

Lua Code:
  1. function zo_callLater(func, ms)
  2.     local id = ZO_CallLaterId
  3.     local name = "CallLaterFunction"..id
  4.     ZO_CallLaterId = ZO_CallLaterId + 1
  6.     EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForUpdate(name, ms,
  7.         function()
  8.             EVENT_MANAGER:UnregisterForUpdate(name)
  9.             func(id)
  10.         end)
  11.     return id
  12. end
09/21/16, 11:25 AM   #24
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
In my sidTools dev addon I replaced the built in zo_callLater with a custom function where the update callback is unregistered before calling the target function. I did this because in the case of an error in the called function the unregister call will never be reached and the broken function will be called again until the UI is reloaded, which can be highly annoying especially during addon development. This has worked without a problem since I made sidTools almost a year ago, but with the latest PTS patch it started producing insecure code errors because the new crown gem crate related code uses zo_callLater, forcing me to remove the custom zo_callLater function. So please apply the following change which has been tested by me and other addon devs for a year to the base game:

Lua Code:
  1. function zo_callLater(func, ms)
  2.     local id = ZO_CallLaterId
  3.     local name = "CallLaterFunction"..id
  4.     ZO_CallLaterId = ZO_CallLaterId + 1
  6.     EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForUpdate(name, ms,
  7.         function()
  8.             EVENT_MANAGER:UnregisterForUpdate(name)
  9.             func(id)
  10.         end)
  11.     return id
  12. end
With the next PTS you won't get the insecure code errors anymore, but your suggestion is reasonable. We can change it.
09/21/16, 12:09 PM   #25
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
With the next PTS you won't get the insecure code errors anymore, but your suggestion is reasonable. We can change it.
Sounds great! Thank you.
10/05/16, 09:33 PM   #26
Ayantir

for those who wants zoneIds and craglorn POI, you can look to http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...KeepNames.html I've updated.
10/06/16, 08:42 PM   #27
Ayantir

Just noticed that

GetPOIMapInfo(number zoneIndex, number poiIndex)

don't return normalizedX & normalizedY unless you made your first steps into Craglorn (zone 485).

With a char which never went to Craglorn :

GetPOIMapInfo(485, 1) = 0, 0, 141, "/esoui/art/icons/icon_missing.dds", true, false

After a jump on player in Craglorn :

GetPOIMapInfo(485, 1) = 0.58530122041702, 0.68767392635345, 141, "/esoui/art/icons/icon_missing.dds", true, false

Last edited by Ayantir : 10/06/16 at 08:45 PM.
11/12/16, 10:05 AM   #28
Weolo
I think I just found a bug with GetNumSmithingPatterns() and GetSmithingPatternInfo(patternIndex)
When I zone GetNumSmithingPatterns() = zero and GetSmithingPatternInfo(1) return incorrect information (blank strings and zeros)

When I open a crafting station > crafting tab all the information is available again. Even if I close the crafting station window and move away
11/12/16, 11:47 AM   #29
Ayantir

all functions using patternIndex must be executed while interacting with a crafting station in the correct mode.

Expect wrong results if not so.
11/12/16, 01:29 PM   #30
Weolo
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
all functions using patternIndex must be executed while interacting with a crafting station in the correct mode.

Expect wrong results if not so.
Thanks for the info
11/23/16, 03:50 PM   #31
sirinsidiator

I just noticed that the MapZoomOut function does not work on the map for Belkarth while I am inside the Belkarth Outlaw Refuge.
When I rightclick on the worldmap for the first time it switches to Belkarth, but when I rightclick a second time it does not switch to Craglorn as expected and the MapZoomOut function returns SET_MAP_RESULT_CURRENT_MAP_UNCHANGED.
If I switch to the Belkarth map from the Craglorn zonemap while inside the refuge, it does work as expected and if I am outside the refuge it also works. It also works fine for the other outlaw refuges that I tried.

Maybe someone forgot to update a link when Craglorn got a new zoneId?
11/28/16, 12:59 PM   #32
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
I just noticed that the MapZoomOut function does not work on the map for Belkarth while I am inside the Belkarth Outlaw Refuge.
When I rightclick on the worldmap for the first time it switches to Belkarth, but when I rightclick a second time it does not switch to Craglorn as expected and the MapZoomOut function returns SET_MAP_RESULT_CURRENT_MAP_UNCHANGED.
If I switch to the Belkarth map from the Craglorn zonemap while inside the refuge, it does work as expected and if I am outside the refuge it also works. It also works fine for the other outlaw refuges that I tried.

Maybe someone forgot to update a link when Craglorn got a new zoneId?
Hmm, I'm not seeing this internally. Maybe it was fixed at some point? This happens 100% of the time on live?
11/28/16, 01:58 PM   #33
sirinsidiator

At least for me it happens always while I am inside the Belkarth Outlaw Refuge. No difference without addons.
If it's fixed internally that would be great, in the meantime I have already found an ugly workaround for LibGPS.
11/28/16, 02:21 PM   #34
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
At least for me it happens always while I am inside the Belkarth Outlaw Refuge. No difference without addons.
If it's fixed internally that would be great, in the meantime I have already found an ugly workaround for LibGPS.
I was able to reproduce it on our internal live branch. Looks like it will be fixed with the next major patch then.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » 2.6 Update