11/19/20, 02:35 PM   #1
Sp00sty
Does Live/Addons apply to both servers on same account?

I just went into EU server instead of my normal NA server because I need to test w/o any CP level characters.

When I got in I noticed that my addon settings were not the same.

Ex. I have Addon Selector that I use on NA and have several presets for different characters/roles.

Those presets are not the same on EU.

But we don't have separate NA/EU addon folders anymore, or do we?

Where would the separate EU server be seeing the addon folder from? Does it just take a login/logout on the other server to get something to sync?
11/19/20, 02:43 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Simple answer: Yes.

Only the PTS server got a special folder, instead live it's PTS

But addons are able to save the SavedVariables in the same file differently for the different servers.
Some addons do this, others do not. Depends on each addon...
-> Inside live/SavedVariabls/AddonSelector.lua you'd find a table e.g. name "EU Megaserver" and one for "NA Megaserver".
If you want both to be the same AND if the acount is the same AND you are using account wide settings, you could copy the tabls to make them the same, just exchange the headline's string "NA" with "EU" or vice versa.

Alway LOGOUT BEFORE MESSING MANUALLY WITH SV FILES!
> If you are still logged in the server will overwrite the files again from ingame memory once a reloadui or zone change or logout occurs, so your changes will be lost!
And backup the files before you change them.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/19/20 at 02:46 PM.
11/19/20, 04:29 PM   #3
Sp00sty
Ok thank you very much for the details, that really clears it up and will let me at least level from scratch (no money no gear no nothing) with all my addons working.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Does Live/Addons apply to both servers on same account?