01/20/24, 05:17 PM   #1
Saint_Veloth
Installation of ESO Files in AppData not working

For whatever reason, my ESO files were installed in my AppData directory instead of Documents. This is the particular path:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

Trying to install my first addons here (just MapPins for now), tried manually and via Minion, but to no success.

Couldn't find anything about this particular issue, so I figured I'd ask y'all.

Thank you for any assistance you can give here!
01/20/24, 06:24 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://esouimods.github.io/3-master....html#OneDrive

Disable one drive (if enabled) and install them to: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

The game doesn't read any other location for Addons. You can set minion manually to the MyDocuments folder.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 01/20/24 at 06:26 PM.
01/21/24, 06:12 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@Sharlikran
The game doesn't read any other location for Addons. You can set minion manually to the MyDocuments folder.
You are actually not correct there, the game sometimes writes and expects data/AddOns in the user's "AppData" folder (and not the documents folder!) and it's unclear why this happens. But it does.
It's rare though.

And to Saint_Veloth, I can only repeat the same as I did write many hundred other users here meanwhile (which all seem not be able to READ )
Your question was answered like 1000 times in these forums already and that's why these "READ ME FIRST" topics exist, sticked to the top of the help forums, for you to actually READ them ...

If you did read those, tell us please. But I assume you did not as else you would have found the part about the "How to find the addon folder -> Screeenshot trick".
Use the "ESO ingame Screenshot trick" mentioned there to determine WHICH folder your addons should be in, according to ESO's detection routines!
Should be users\documents, but could be users\AppData too!
The trick describes how to find out which folder you need to put you addons in.
And then setup Minion, or manually install the addons, into this folder's "AddOns" subfolder

Last edited by Baertram : 01/21/24 at 06:18 AM.
01/21/24, 08:33 AM   #4
Saint_Veloth
Sorry for my forum etiquette mishap, and thanks for the direction to that post.

Ended up being a weird issue where even though I've had OneDrive disabled for years, I must've had it on when I had initially installed ESO on this machine so long ago. The screenshot trick was directing to a local file that didn't exist, but upon searching I found it in OneDrive.

No idea what that AppData ESO folder is even doing on my machine at this point lol.

Thanks, and I promise to read stickies from here on out

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Installation of ESO Files in AppData not working