11/26/16, 07:49 AM   #1
Razor1980
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help a fire mage, please!

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure some experienced Lua programmers like you could do this thing pretty quickly, to me it would take a lot of time probably just to read the the buffs...

So I would like a simple addon for me as a fire mage, that would list the active shields, in such a way that I can understand them visually, that is, with a shield bar which means a fixed size (say X pixels for 10000 hp), and a color that tells me how much time there is until expiration. The color function would be something simple, to balance rgb from full green at cast time to full red at death moment before the line vanishes.

Also, I want it to tell me when Infernal Guardian is ready and could proc, with no text when Infernal Guardian is in cooldown.
The shields should have...that's the tricky part, an interface for configuration, because if they are read just from the active buffs, then their position inside the window will switch permanently, and I'd like to see them always in the same order, as they are mapped to keys...

Should look something like this:

how to print screen on pc

Would this be possible ?
11/26/16, 04:32 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Did you try the addon Srendar? Needs some time to setup but you can build your own buff bars with your selected ability ids and move them where ever you want them to appear, in color, icon etc. That you choose.
11/27/16, 04:23 AM   #3
Razor1980
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you try the addon Srendar? Needs some time to setup but you can build your own buff bars with your selected ability ids and move them where ever you want them to appear, in color, icon etc. That you choose.
Thx for the idea. It's a bit better, can see shield cooldowns. but no info on shield size. I am compensating with ShieldInfo but that gives current/max per total. Do you know any addon that can track when the mask could proc ?

Last edited by Razor1980 : 11/27/16 at 04:25 AM.
11/27/16, 06:42 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi, you could enable in Srendarr the option to show the ability ids and chck if a special ability id is given as the proc is there (check your character's buff by pressing key "c" and see if there is a new entry for the proc). This ability id can be use to put on a special bar to see it directly.

Or ask the developer of Srendarr by PM if there is an chance to realize this proc and make it visibile somehow. I only know this is possible, even with a sound, if the crystal shards are procing e.g.
11/27/16, 11:24 AM   #5
Razor1980
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hi, you could enable in Srendarr the option to show the ability ids and chck if a special ability id is given as the proc is there (check your character's buff by pressing key "c" and see if there is a new entry for the proc). This ability id can be use to put on a special bar to see it directly.

Or ask the developer of Srendarr by PM if there is an chance to realize this proc and make it visibile somehow. I only know this is possible, even with a sound, if the crystal shards are procing e.g.
I know ZAM_BuffDisplay shows it briefly when it procs. That would be on its own list, to the corner of the screen. Funny thing it doesn't appear on Srendarr's short buff list. It seems it appears also on character sheet (C key). But, there is a but... in both cases, the bar lasts 2 seconds (as long as the effect does). While, I want to see a cooldown bar, that is, 6 seconds after it finished.

Later edit: tried to install FTC Set Buddy but it doesn't work.

Last edited by Razor1980 : 11/27/16 at 12:02 PM.
11/27/16, 10:43 PM   #6
Scootworks

hm... i will test it later at home.. i think it should be possible to add the id to the buff list... and for me, i will use http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...rksShield.html and S'rendarr
11/28/16, 07:00 AM   #7
Razor1980
Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
hm... i will test it later at home.. i think it should be possible to add the id to the buff list... and for me, i will use http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...rksShield.html and S'rendarr
I'll give it a try later. What I don't like about ShieldInfo is that I have to move the window after every login.
But I don't understand what you mean about the id of the buff. I'm pretty sure it could see it when it procs, but I want to see the cooldown bar of the mask, which starts countdown after the effect ends...
11/28/16, 07:26 AM   #8
Scootworks

did you try the old shield info or the new one (my link)?

btw, it doesn't work with srendarr to see the cooldown, but i'm sure you can create a cooldown with:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...ramastery.html
11/28/16, 07:38 AM   #9
Razor1980
Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
did you try the old shield info or the new one (my link)?

btw, it doesn't work with srendarr to see the cooldown, but i'm sure you can create a cooldown with:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...ramastery.html
I see yours has the same problem as the old one, it resets to the default position each time I log in.
I don't know why both of you didn't add that block to save the position. I could even try to add it myself.
I'll get the Auramastery to see what I can do about that cooldown...
11/28/16, 06:40 PM   #10
Razor1980
Pretty funny...

S'rendarr doesn't actually detect Infernal Guardian (normally). It never appears on the buff list. However, if I set that option to list all combat events, it displays it on chat as 83405 (yeah, there are nameless events, but for this one it displays the name!). However, AuraMastery doesn't detect it at all.

AuraMastery doesn't save the ability id of the condition. But that's something minor. Neither do I know how to set the cooldown
condition as it doesn't have actually a formula (it refers how much time has from the proccing effect, not from the cooldown time...)

Last edited by Razor1980 : 11/28/16 at 06:47 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Help a fire mage, please!