04/18/14, 05:46 AM   #1
Zagadka
Enemy health bars

Haven't seen anything that does this - I basically just want to make the enemy health bars larger, so they are easier to track when engaging multiple enemies...
04/18/14, 05:53 AM   #2
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zagadka View Post
Haven't seen anything that does this - I basically just want to make the enemy health bars larger, so they are easier to track when engaging multiple enemies...
Addons are not allowed to make any changes to health bars, sorry!
04/20/14, 12:36 PM   #3
Sceles
Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
Ah, that sucks.

Maybe it would be possible to use TexMod to do this? It's worth a try at least. Zenimax has already said that they allow third party applications which modify only graphics.
04/20/14, 02:55 PM   #4
StealthStalker
Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
So we could never have them grow from left to right instead of center?
04/20/14, 03:53 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Sceles View Post
Ah, that sucks.

Maybe it would be possible to use TexMod to do this? It's worth a try at least. Zenimax has already said that they allow third party applications which modify only graphics.
Modifying the graphics quality and graphics settings are something TOTALLY different from modifying the graphic or texture of something that is displayed in game.
04/20/14, 04:16 PM   #6
Sceles
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Modifying the graphics quality and graphics settings are something TOTALLY different from modifying the graphic or texture of something that is displayed in game.
True, but neither really gives any unfair advantage. It might be possible to get banned for doing it though, unless Zenimax decides to whitelist TexMod.
04/20/14, 04:22 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Again, two completely different animals. TexMod cannot alter those healthbars without hooking into the game client itself and making modifications to things that are rendered. This would be against the rules.
04/20/14, 04:37 PM   #8
Sceles
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Again, two completely different animals. TexMod cannot alter those healthbars without hooking into the game client itself and making modifications to things that are rendered. This would be against the rules.
I know what it does, I used make some mods for GW1(of course you're the experts here, I just wanted to say I understand the difference). But as I already said, neither of them gives any unfair advantage, and that's the point.

I'm not saying that it's automatically allowed just because dx injectors are. I just think that there's a good chance they will allow it if asked.

Last edited by Sceles : 04/20/14 at 04:45 PM.
04/20/14, 05:00 PM   #9
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by Sceles View Post
I'm not saying that it's automatically allowed just because dx injectors are. I just think that there's a good chance they will allow it if asked.
Actually it might be a good idea to just ask them beforehand. If you're able to explain why you feel like this is nessecary it could really be somewhat allowed or maybe even included by them themself. There was actually a request for an Addon for visually impared people and I really really feel like this could be a deal-closer if you intend to target it towards that purpose and make that statement clear to them.

I acutally tried to look for it myself, got ill over the time, and now my gfx-card is broken so I'm put a bit behind the schelude for tracking deeper towards it. However it might help if you write a proper request to them (even if it 's just about the Health-Bars) as well! I will do so as well when I get down to digging further for it, and will also try to do some (limited to that purpose) RE over the time that my faulty GFX doesn't allow me to develop / play.

Add on for visually impaired people:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 04/20/14 at 05:03 PM.
04/20/14, 08:44 PM   #10
fingolfin
Hello, several days ago, I made the request thelegendaryof spoke about in the previous post.

One my friends, who is visually impaired, and is palying TESO, got big troubles to see the ennemies in the game. Health bars are not big enough for him. Most often ennemies and monsters see him before he sees it.

That's why I came on this forum, in the order ton find somebody who could help us by creating an addon to make the health bars bigger. Or anything which could help my friend to see ennemies more easily.

I see other persons are interested by the idea. I'm ready to try to contact Zenimax, unless my english is not very good and so I'm a little bit affraid they could not understand exactly the situation. And I don't know who I should try to contact, and how to do it, however I' m ready to try it, with your help, if you're interested in to try. And perhaps if we are several, we'll have more chances to get positive answer ?
04/21/14, 05:05 PM   #11
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
... and perhaps if we are several, we'll have more chances to get positive answer ?
Yo I second that. However I'm also a bit of lost on that part. Maybe just try to write them an request via a Ingame-Support Ticket and try to give them a summary of the situation? And a link to your thread. I guess that would be a start. Hm ...

/help -> first icon (Ask for Help) -> Category: Gameplay -> I need help with something else ...
04/23/14, 12:38 PM   #12
fingolfin
here the message I think I will send in game, if could say me what you think about it, please, i'm not very confident with english language .

And if you think that could be helpful to add something, please tell me. Thanks again .

Hello,

I would have a question on a particular point about addons. I apologize if my english is not very good.

I have a friend who is playing TESO and loves this game very much, but he has a retinitis pigmentosa, eyes disease which makes him to have a lot of difficulties in game.
Difficulties to see ennemies for exemple, most often, he see them too late and dies. The health bar size and color above ennemies don't allow him to see them soon enough, and he tried all video settings he could without results.

So I made a demand on a forum, in order to ask people if they could create an addon to help him. Some people are ready to help.
One of the lines of action proposed is to try to modify health bars above ennemies (size, color...). That would be very helpful for my friend. It seems other people are interested in by this idea, because I found a similar demand on the same website.

But before people begins to work on this addon we'd like to be sure you'll allow this addon.
I give you the 2 links on the forum I spoke about in the case you would like to read it.

My post : http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690
The other post : http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993

If you wish some more details I would be happy to answer any questions. I hope for a positive response from you.

Friendly
05/01/14, 12:58 PM   #13
thelegendaryof

Hi Fin,

Sorry for not replying sooner - your text seems fine to me overall.

Some suggestions however:
  1. Add a headline that clearly carries your intention

For Example:
    Retinitis pigmentosa, eyes disease - Major Barriers playing TESO (Interface Settings)

Hello,

I would have a question on a particular point about addons. I apologize if my english is not very good.

2. Our intention to help you is absolutely correct yes, but as it looks like right now, there is currently no way for us to do so - at least without hacking the API itself. Which is something that most likely couldn't be done with just an Addon.

So better directly ask them for an official modification / addition of those options to TESO - instead of just asking if they'd allow us, third-party-developers to hack it into the game for ourselves.

We would/should do this only if they're not willing to do anything about it. It 's always better if a Developer applies such changes themself, as it 's not even less game-breaking but most likely to work with future patches as well.

Cheers!

ps: Yay my new Gaming-Rig is working! I'll soon be jumping back to developing and being aviable more often ...

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Enemy health bars