10/13/19, 10:59 AM   #1
Tarhoth
Event for AOE Indicators

Hello! I have been looking through the event list and I couldn't find anything that looked right, but does anyone know of a way to tell when the player is standing in an enemy aoe indicator (i.e. the colored marker on the ground before the damage takes place)?

I'm trying to write my first addon and as a part of it I'd like to make an indicator for first person that just warns the player when they are standing in the bad, but I'm not sure if it's possible yet.

Thank you in advance for any information!
10/13/19, 11:12 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't think there are any events for that. Best you could do is track any damage or debuffs that come from it.
10/14/19, 06:42 PM   #3
Tarhoth
Thanks for the reply. That's probably what I'll have to do. I was just hoping there would be a way to warn of incoming damage before it's taken when in first person since it's significantly more difficult to see ground indicators.

Thanks again!
10/15/19, 12:56 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Its color can be changed to e.g. Pink so you better see it.
But yeah, in first person toss should add an indicator somehow so one does not need to look on the ground all the time.
10/15/19, 01:10 PM   #5
ArtOfShred

Theres two things you could use but they won't tell you when you're in the radius.

Combat events, but you'd have to track it manually by all aoes.

Or uh, EVENT_TUTORIAL_TIP_SOMETHINGISH that gives those block/dodge etc warnings. I'm not sure if it very consistently displays for abilities though either.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Event for AOE Indicators