04/13/15, 06:38 PM   #21
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I guess the tool Garkin told you is this one:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:EsoExtractData

Maybe you can find the icons already in the files someone has uploaded at this link:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:Co...tal/Archive_42
04/13/15, 06:46 PM   #22
blakbird

I do completely fade out chat and I use your addon(awesome addon, by the way) to fade out the icons. As a graphic designer, I just find those textured icons/buttons in the chat window displeasing to look at. I would prefer flat, white icons in their place for when I do have to see them. I could make the icons from scratch, but I don't know the dimensions the .dds files should be. I will check those addon asset folders. I use both of those addons.

And the addon pChat, which is a really handy chat enhancement/changer, you can make the text of the chat window fade in again so only the text is shown and everything else is hidden until you hover it.
I tried pchat, but I don't currently use it. I didn't realize it has that feature. I will check that out now.

I don't use the fill line as an addon is telling me % value of the "fill state".
I like it this way because there are some ultimate skills, that get more power with higher % values (like 1000% maximum, instead of 100% where the fill line ends).
I didn't know that some Ultimate abilities do more damage based on their % values. I am only level 15 with 1 ultimate. I spend a lot of time trying to perfect my UI instead of playing. I may switch back to numbers and percentages instead of that line. It just looks so clean without them.

Last edited by blakbird : 04/15/15 at 02:28 AM.
04/13/15, 06:59 PM   #23
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok, I got it to work to extract the chat icons, using the EsoExtractdata.exe file from the link I've posted above.

I've used the following command:

Code:
EsoExtractData.exe "C:\games\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client\game.mnf" -s 1043 - e 1110
You need to specifiy the path where the filename game.mnf is in your installation.
The output folder will be in the same as the EsoExtractData.exe ist.

The numbers 1043 and 1110 are the index of the chat icons, from a created mnf listing file, that I've created with this command before:
Code:
EsoExtractData.exe "C:\games\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client\game.mnf" -z "zosft.txt" -m "mnf.txt"
Inside the created mnf.txt you will find the .dds names and at the beginning is the index number for them.

This way you should get your icons.
If not, find the chat icons as dds format here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...chat_icons.zip

btw:
Inside the archive of ESOExtractData.zip is a converting .BAT file to convert the .DDS files into .PNG.
I've included the .BAT and the converter exe file into the archive of the chat icons.

Oh and about the dimensions:
I think the DDS files need to be a special dimension, always dividable by 4 or 8 if I remember right. Most icons got a 64x64 or 32x32 size I think.

You can use the ZGOO addon, hover the mouse over the icon you want to inspect, write /zgoo mouse in the chat.
You#ll get a list of the control beyond the mosue cursor. It could be a texture or a button with children = texture (so check the GetChildren() or GetParent() functions and expand them with the [+] icon in front of the function name).
There should be a function GetWidth() and GetHeight(9 which should give you their actual size then. Even if it's only a button the size should be the same, as the texture in the button was "stretched" by help of a function called "SetAnchorFill()" (or something like that).

Last edited by Baertram : 04/13/15 at 07:04 PM.
04/13/15, 09:54 PM   #24
blakbird

Having access to the original icons and objects makes replacing them so much easier. Thanks.

Here's my first pass on replacing the chat window art with flat, minimalist versions.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Remove Action Button Borders