04/14/14, 11:47 AM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What are valid values for GetInteractionType()

Where do you guys find the internal Eso commands like GetInteractionType()? I searched Google but I don't see where the internal commands from the Eso.exe are listed. The reason I assume there is a list of internal functions is because if I search all the lua files I have in Addons, I don't find IsPlayerInteractingWithObject() or GetInteractionType() defined. However both are in Esohead and other mods.

I'm specifically looking for the valid vlues for GetInteractionType(). The only two values I have been able to find is INTERACTION_HARVEST, and by luck just guessing INTERACTION_FISH for fishing. Is there a complete list somewhere?

The reason that I am asking is that when I use GetInteractionType() it is 0 when a player is not interacting with anything, and 2 when a player is interacting with something. At least when I display it as a system message anyway. If I set it such that a player is interacting with items in the world when GetInteractionType() is greater then 0, I end up recording all data. I record harvest nodes like ore, and Npcs, and Torch Bugs, all of it.

When I check for (GetInteractionType() == INTERACTION_HARVEST) it's true when I loot a node. When I use (GetInteractionType() == INTERACTION_FISH) it's true when I am fishing, and waiting to real in the fish.

I'm looking for things like searching, reading, and examining. I tried guessing at it but have not found the right constant to compare to GetInteractionType().
04/14/14, 12:19 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
http://wiki.esoui.com/Globals#InteractionType

/edit: oh, and the function is listed here: http://wiki.esoui.com/API#Chatter
04/14/14, 12:34 PM   #3
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
OMG! There is a Wiki! I searched for "elder scrolls online lua", "elder scrolls online lua commands", "elder scrolls online GetInteractionType" and nothing.

You are my new favorite person!
04/14/14, 12:37 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
hehe, yes. The link is at the top of every page on this site, and it was featured on the front page in news when we were able to release the API.
04/14/14, 12:45 PM   #5
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Would this list from this post go there as well?
04/14/14, 02:32 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Absolutely! Feel free to add it.
04/14/14, 06:37 PM   #7
Sharlikran

I can't find what "ZO_LinkHandler_ParseLink()" does looking on the Wiki. It's not on the API page. Any ideas where I can find out what it does?

EDIT: Never mind it's here in the Raw Globals Dump. However, that still doesn't tell me what it does. Darnet!

Last edited by Sharlikran : 04/14/14 at 08:22 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » What are valid values for GetInteractionType()