04/20/14, 01:22 AM   #1
snare
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Add-on to fix guild bank stacking

I wrote an add-on to re-stack split stacks in the guild bank. It's not polished at all and has a minor timing issue that results in some items not being re-stacked properly, which I will address in the near future along with adding some sort of UI. At the moment it is just a slash command.

https://github.com/snarez/FatStacks
http://esoui.com/downloads/info335-FatStacks.html

Not sure when I'll get back to working on it, so I figured I'd drop it here in case anyone else finds the guild bank stacking as annoying as I do.

Note: I'm about to change my github username so I'll update the link when I do

Edit: Added link to esoui page

Last edited by snare : 04/22/14 at 05:58 AM.

04/20/14, 04:14 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
You may wish to change the name of your addon before uploading it to an addon site.

04/20/14, 04:56 PM   #3
BadVolt
Nice addon, man. I was going to make something like that It will be useful for lot of ppl, just change its name and make TextBuffer window for addon log

04/21/14, 02:25 AM   #4
snare
Yeah, I hadn't really planned to release it initially but I realised it'd be useful. I'll give it a better name when I have a chance to finish it.

04/21/14, 02:25 AM   #5
snare
Originally Posted by BadVolt View Post
Nice addon, man. I was going to make something like that It will be useful for lot of ppl, just change its name and make TextBuffer window for addon log
Cool I'll look into that, cheers.

04/21/14, 02:52 AM   #6
snare
OK gave it a more friendly name, hopefully I didn't break anything with my cowboy search/replace.

04/21/14, 09:36 PM   #7
StealthStalker
Cool, I'll be checking this out later today.

Anytime I'm doing something like this I'm wondering if I can set it to filter out or ignore certain things, eg: Do not attempt to stack any purple quality items, or items of a certain name.

Sorta to go alongside your "If you loses yo purpz" issue. Have it ignore purple items and purely stack the more common mats.

If that's too complicated though, nevermind.

04/21/14, 09:46 PM   #8
StealthStalker
Just threw this in and attempted to use it, don't seem to have any reaction to /fs or /fs info in my chat or guild bank. Gonna try to disable all other addons.

Disabled everything and still no reaction from fatstacks for me.

Last edited by StealthStalker : 04/21/14 at 10:03 PM.

04/22/14, 12:13 AM   #9
snare
Weird. I check early last night that I hadn't broken anything and it was working OK for me.

Output only comes up in the main chat window BTW. I haven't tested it since last night's patch, so I'll check it out when I can in a few hours.

And yeah, filtering is not a bad idea. Hmmm

04/22/14, 12:25 AM   #10
Nameious
I had this same issue when trying to use it when I just copied and pasted from website. When i actually downloaded the files it worked fine though there is a bug if you use it when not at bank (have it active) it will throw errors about Lootcallback.. bad color received then toss an x0 in chat as well. Anyways upload this thing on the website so I can get minon to autoupdate

04/22/14, 12:36 AM   #11
snare
Cool I'll have to add some error checking for when not at the bank, remove the debug output and maybe add a TextBuffer window as suggested by BadVolt. I'll have a crack at it tonight and hopefully upload it to ESOUI as a beta. I was planning to last night, but then BAM! MAINTENANCE!

04/22/14, 12:44 AM   #12
Wobin

Just to note, I'm doing something similar and have run into a throttling issue with GetInstanceId. It seems if you call it too many times in a short period of time, it'll start returning nil.

I'm not sure of the calls/sec the throttling kicks in, maybe 100? Or even if it is per second, but it's something to take into account.

04/22/14, 12:58 AM   #13
snare
Ah interesting, that could be the source of my timing bug. I haven't investigated it too far yet as I've been actually playing the game haha. Thanks for the tip!

04/22/14, 02:00 AM   #14
BadVolt
Originally Posted by Wobin View Post
Just to note, I'm doing something similar and have run into a throttling issue with GetInstanceId. It seems if you call it too many times in a short period of time, it'll start returning nil.

I'm not sure of the calls/sec the throttling kicks in, maybe 100? Or even if it is per second, but it's something to take into account.
Really you don't need to call that function. GuildBank data is stored at "ZO_GuildBankBackpack.data[n].data", where "n" is between 0 and SlotsOccupied. It store full info about item in a row, including it instance id.

Same for user bank and inventory
ZO_PlayerBankBackpack
ZO_PlayerInventoryBackpack

Last edited by BadVolt : 04/22/14 at 02:53 AM.

04/22/14, 02:37 AM   #15
Wobin

Originally Posted by BadVolt View Post
GuildBank data is stored at "ZO_GuildBankBackpack.data[n].data", where "n" is between 0 and SlotsOccupied. It store full info about item in a row, including it instance id.
Nice catch!

04/22/14, 03:01 AM   #16
Wobin

One caveat, if you're not on the 'Show All' tab, the data will only show the subset available.

04/22/14, 03:39 AM   #17
BadVolt
Originally Posted by Wobin View Post
One caveat, if you're not on the 'Show All' tab, the data will only show the subset available.
Unfortunately it is true. Or it can be used like a feature Sort only filtered data.
I think it's possible to call handler that fires on selecting "all" filter. Need just to find this handler's name. Btw, it can be useful in many cases.

---
Found what we were looking for.
zo_callHandler(ZO_GuildBankTabsButton7,"OnClicked")

but it's unclear which handler is used to preform switching filters.
---
and some more
This function called when any bank button clicked.
ZO_Bank_ModeButton_OnClicked(buttonControl)

Last edited by BadVolt : 04/22/14 at 04:20 AM.

04/22/14, 04:31 AM   #18
snare
Pushed out a new version to github with re-worked slash commands, more error checking, less logging. No fancy TextBuffer or anything yet.

Added it to esoui as well.

http://esoui.com/downloads/info335-FatStacks.html

Last edited by snare : 04/22/14 at 05:59 AM.

04/24/14, 04:45 AM   #19
Bhex
Love your addon, but sometimes it gets stuck and you need to go back to your inventory and deposit an item from there before it continues.

05/02/14, 02:30 AM   #20
snare
I think the bug is fixed

ESOUI » AddOns » Alpha/Beta AddOns » Add-on to fix guild bank stacking