03/27/20, 04:33 PM   #1
Radiant
Playstation 4 (Dualshock 4) Controller - Icons/Buttons

Hello,

I'm using a Dualshock 4 controller to play ESO on a PC. I'm using "Inputmapper" to make it work with ESO, since the DS4 controller doesn't have native support with ESO.

I used this addon: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...Interface.html
Which swaps the Xbox icons for the PS4 icons. Here's the problem though, it doesn't swap all of them, the addon hasn't been updated for years.

Then I tried an addon called "DarkUI": https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1576-DarkUI.html
Which has an option to make all Xbox/Ps4 in a grayscale color. But, no matter what I do, it's always the Xbox buttons showing.

Could someone please make an (updated?) addon of the PlayStation interface I linked above? Or tell me how I can do it myself? Help would be much appreciated

With kind regards,

Radiant
03/27/20, 06:10 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DarkUI is updated so ask there if the author is able to help you.

Edit:
Just saw you already did it, so please do not add multiple threads in the forum and ask for help if you have not gotten any response at the addons "directly".

Did you press ESC->settings-> add on settings->Dark Ui and configured it to use the PS4 icons (if it is possible then there somewhere!)?

You could try to just logout, find the file "ShaderCache.cooked" which is normally located at c:\users\your windows username\documents\elder scrolls online\live and delete it.
This will rebuild the texture files and fix missing/wrong ones.
First login after deleting the file will take a bit longer then normal. This is no reason to worry, just wait.

Also did you try what is written at the DarkUI addon description? Though it might be the same like only deleting the ShaderCache.cooked file...
Code:
Troubleshooting
Restarting the game is the best way to be sure that all textures reload. I find there are a number of textures that are cached and will not reload with any number of /reloadui's.

Here are some steps that will often correct problems:
Uninstall DarkUI.
Reload the game completely without DarkUI.
Reinstall DarkUI.
Reload the game completely with DarkUI.
03/28/20, 10:58 AM   #3
Radiant
I've tried both (Deleting the shadercache file and the instructions from DarkUI) and the PS4 icons still don't show up. :/ And in the DarkUI addon settings there's a button called "Grayscale Xbox/PS4 buttons" - on or off (I selected "on" a long time ago).

Last edited by Radiant : 03/28/20 at 11:01 AM.
03/28/20, 01:52 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, then I guess you need to ask the author of the addon how to activate the PS4 buttons instead of the xbox buttons. If the addon should auto detect them and is not able to "properly" it seems to be the addon's problem or a driver/controller problem where ESO is not able tod etect it properly (if the gaem provides the info that it's xbox or ps).
03/30/20, 10:31 PM   #5
MurkyMais
I use a product called REWASD. You an use it on any game even it the game does not support gamepad.

I have xBox elite control and trying to use ESO interface or addons, I could never get quite right.

REWASD supports most mainstream gamepads including DualShock4. One of the coolest thing it can do for xbox elite control, you can control the underside paddles independent of the buttons. Under native control a button is match to paddle. REWASD lets you program the button and paddle separately.

You can map the the buttons and triggers to anything you want. One button can have several functions for each type of input; Press, long press, double press, triple press and toggle. One top of all that you can code up to 4 shift modifiers that can give you another whole layout. Extremely versatile.

For example one I use press and hold to sprint, then if I double tap same button I get rapids.

Using REWASD to control my gamepad, I still can use keyboard and mouse. Best all worlds you can use all the robust menus with keyboard and mouse and do have to use funky gamepad menus.

https://www.rewasd.com/

On sale for $15.99. Free 14-day trial. Yes there is a learning curve to find the sweet spot that works for you. You use it for any game

I have been using it for a few years. I play my games how I want the control to be!!
03/31/20, 04:05 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
He already uses "Inputmapper" for the same to work, and there exist others like DS4Windows, Xpadder, ...
But the thing he wants to work ehre is that the PS4 controller button "images" are shown properly on the ESO UI, what the external software won't be able to achieve

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Playstation 4 (Dualshock 4) Controller - Icons/Buttons