04/27/14, 09:49 AM   #1
myslex
More gloss.. Lets disable it!

My previous thread is here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179

I am posting here with an update, and I need your help again:

Extensive testing shows promise using the method user 'biki' suggested.. However!!
When a player uses a 'shielding' or 'power up' ability, extra gloss with the 'protective amount' is added to both the ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleover, and PlayerAttributeHealth frames.. but here is the twist:

.. The functions, or 'variables' are not available till after a player or a target have activated one of these abilities rendering it impossible to 'initialize' a value, say :SetHidden(true), this returns a lua error with 'nil'

functions involved are:

Gloss that is added is this:
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldLeftOverlay
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldLeftOverlayGloss
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldLeftOverlayChunkGloss

ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlay
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightChunkOverlay
Example:
You cannot have this line in the 'OnLoaded' function of your addon:
ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss:SetHidden(true)
.. However you can write ingame after a person has used a shielding ability:
/Script ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss:SetHidden(true)
So my question is: Is it possible to check if a 'function' or 'variable' is available before executing it??
Say.. Can we check if 'ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayGloss:SetHidden(true)' returns error/nil before we actually attempt it?

And before I continue this post, I would like to say that I tried overriding the default 'sethidden' and 'setalpha' methods like user Fathis Ules showed me before, but they are returning nil error aswell..

Sincerely yours,
MSKLEx
04/27/14, 09:59 AM   #2
Ak0
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
if (ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlay) then
    ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayChunkGloss:SetHidden(true)
end
This checks to see if "ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlay" exists, and then hides the gloss if it does.

Last edited by Ak0 : 04/27/14 at 10:04 AM.
04/27/14, 11:11 AM   #3
myslex
Originally Posted by Ak0 View Post
Code:
if (ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlay) then
    ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlayChunkGloss:SetHidden(true)
end
This checks to see if "ZO_TargetUnitFramereticleoverPowerShieldRightOverlay" exists, and then hides the gloss if it does.
Very good! exactly what I wanted! This community rules.

I put the function you presented in the event 'OnReticleChanged' , but if the reticleover has not yet used a shielding ability, and she activates one while im having my mouse hovering over her, the frame wont update untill I move my mouse from her frame and back on her..

Is there anyone that knows if there is a 'power event' for buffs, or in this case 'shields' .. ?

Thank you again!
NMSsLEx
04/27/14, 01:53 PM   #4
myslex
Originally Posted by myslex View Post
Very good! exactly what I wanted! This community rules.

I put the function you presented in the event 'OnReticleChanged' , but if the reticleover has not yet used a shielding ability, and she activates one while im having my mouse hovering over her, the frame wont update untill I move my mouse from her frame and back on her..

Is there anyone that knows if there is a 'power event' for buffs, or in this case 'shields' .. ?

Thank you again!
NMSsLEx
Updating the thread with my discovery:

I tracked the events and found that there was an event called 'EVENT_UNIT_ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_ADDED' and bound this event to a custom function that then checked if the unittag was either player or reticleover and then intercepted the 'visual before it was added'. nifty

Again thanks for your awesome help!

HUGS/
MsLXE
04/28/14, 08:15 AM   #5
myslex
OK!!

UserAk0 helped me out with how to check if a function is available before calling it. Is it possible to do the same, and check if a color is something before we change it, say if

if (ZO_PlayerAttributeHealthPowerShieldLeftOverlay:SetGradientColors(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,) == 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) then
-- something
end
?? Thank you in advance!
MsleLX

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » More gloss.. Lets disable it!