04/22/14, 03:51 PM   #1
Iyanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT and resistance

While dissecting the EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT I wanted to trigger one of these:

ACTION_RESULT_RESIST
ACTION_RESULT_PARTIAL_RESIST
ACTION_RESULT_IMMUNE

So I bought some fire resistance stuff and went imp hunting, but....nothing.

I did a cross check and the fire resistance stuff works and the imps do fire damage (although the event doesn't tell of course) - the damage difference is around 9 points. But only the damage action result comes up, nothing else fires at all.
I did expect a partial resist like the blocked damage result....

(This is also true vice versa. A staff with 6 fire damage enchantment does cause a 5 fire damage event against the imp, but nothing about the missing 6th fire damage point.)

Did anyone, who dabbles with the COMBAT_EVENT, ever see these action results come up and if so, when?

Last edited by Iyanga : 04/22/14 at 03:58 PM.
04/22/14, 04:03 PM   #2
ins
Just taking a wild stab I'd say that 20% of events/strings and stuff dissected out of the API is either broken or not implemented (yet) or were removed during alpha/beta because they couldn't fund it, or get it working, or their scope changed. :-)

You should check out Finesse events when fighting, you could make some fun things with it, until they remove it.
04/22/14, 04:26 PM   #3
Iyanga
Originally Posted by ins View Post
Just taking a wild stab I'd say that 20% of events/strings and stuff dissected out of the API is either broken or not implemented (yet) or were removed during alpha/beta because they couldn't fund it, or get it working, or their scope changed. :-)
And when it comes down to localization, you can up it to 80%. It's really silly, the direct damage event of Killer's Blade is localized, but the healing event of it is not. The light and half heavy attack is localized, the full heavy attack not and so on...

You should check out Finesse events when fighting, you could make some fun things with it, until they remove it.
As you mention it, looks like there is a PowerEnergize with powerType FINESSE also missing.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT and resistance