03/28/14, 04:28 AM   #1
Ischabak
[Request] Skyshard MapPins in Compass

I'd love to have a toggleable(on/off), probably distance configurable addon which displays Skyshard locations in the compass. As of today the community should have detected all skyshard locations so those should be available.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to develop that thing myself and find the API rather confusing so I have no idea if it is possible from modding's pov. Yet if someone is willing to go with this idea, I'd really like to join the development.
03/28/14, 07:40 AM   #2
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My addon Esohead Markers has this feature. (Or rather will have this feature once i can test it on april 1st. It's already written but I have no pts)
It will show every (undiscovered) skyshard on the map.
However it doesn't support the compass.
03/28/14, 08:18 AM   #3
Ischabak
Hi Shinni,

I already found your addon but felt from the description that it wouldn't have the compass thing in which I feel could be very helpful as I usually didn't use the map other than for teleporting.

From your pov, could it be done at least?

However, I have preordered ESO and am going to play on EU this very weekend, so if you need a beta tester, feel free to leave a message to me (will be downloading your addon anyways)
03/28/14, 09:43 AM   #4
Shinni
From your pov, could it be done at least?
You mean displaying the pins on the compass? Unlike the map, the compass has no API.

So I would have to programm the complete logic (moving the pins when rotating the camera) by myself.
It is possible since I can get the player's location and heading and then calculate the angle to the next skyshard. (hooray for trigonometrics)
It will be a lot of work though.
03/28/14, 01:24 PM   #5
Ischabak
Ok, I see. That's what I meant with "confusing API" earlier, because there was this CompassPinType UI element in the wiki as well as a CompassDisplayControl Control which I just by the name thought could be used for it (as said before, I don't have a clue what these things are, however).

I still think it's at least a nice idea, but considering the estimated effort for the implementation there are probably a lot of better ideas ready to be picked up.

Shinni, thank you very much for your almost instant replies.
03/29/14, 06:34 AM   #6
jeradl

Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
My addon Esohead Markers has this feature. (Or rather will have this feature once i can test it on april 1st. It's already written but I have no pts)
It will show every (undiscovered) skyshard on the map.
However it doesn't support the compass.
Shinni,
Your ESOhead Markers addon states it is only for skyshard locs you gather yourself. But you are saying in the future soon it will show us the locs we haven't found yet? Is that right?
03/29/14, 07:18 AM   #7
Shinni
Shinni,
Your ESOhead Markers addon states it is only for skyshard locs you gather yourself.
But you are saying in the future soon it will show us the locs we haven't found yet? Is that right?
Correct.
(And future = Tuesday a few hours after 1 pm CET ^^)
03/29/14, 10:23 AM   #8
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I played with the CompassDisplayControl briefly to see what it did and managed to create the compass strip but I couldn't figure out how the N-E-S-W points get added using what seemed to be the appropriate functions and constants. But it was something I was thinking of implementing for my gatherer addon as a special gatherer compass so as not to clutter up the main one.
03/29/14, 12:34 PM   #9
jeradl

Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
Correct.
(And future = Tuesday a few hours after 1 pm CET ^^)
That is awesome news. I was just wishing for that last night while pre-installing addons for release reading all the addons currently stating only data for what you found was available and thinking but what I really need to know is the ones I haven't found and wishing for it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Skyshard MapPins in Compass