06/27/19, 11:20 AM   #1
leoukin
Post Addon to Learn english (Pt-br)

I'm new here and an idea to create an addon to learn English, because I'm Brazilian and I found interesting conversations and stories ... Is it possible to make this addon to the game? Not being literally conforming to the image, but similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tesoenglishlearn.png
Views:	372
Size:	760.5 KB
ID:	1138  
06/27/19, 05:52 PM   #2
phpones
Se está falando em traduzir o jogo inteiro, por mais que esteja bem intencionado, é praticamente um trabalho impossível pra uma pessoa só (ou um pequeno grupo). Outras pessoas de outros países já tentaram isso antes (poloneses, russos) nunca foi pra frente. O que você pode fazer é, se quiser, traduzir alguns addons que podem se beneficiar de ter pt-br (assim como russos traduzem vários addons). Isso é um trabalho que chama "localização (localization)".

TL;DR in English
Translate the game is impossible alone or in small group. Focus your efforts in localizing famous addons instead.
06/28/19, 12:31 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As the strings in different languages are only available ingame if you change the client language you cannot access the EN texts if you are using the DE client language at.
So you'd need to get all texts and save them redundant in your addon's SavedVariables. WOuld be really big SavedVariables... and would increase the loading time A LOT. I guess it would even be too big to load at all.

So no, this is not really possible with an addon.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to Learn english (Pt-br)