04/02/20, 10:33 AM   #1
princessbinas

Question Addon for Chat Filtering That Works With pChat

Hello, I am looking for an addon that is compatible with pChat. What I want the addon to do is to filter out entire guild and zone chats (not just visually, but also in the chatlogs that pChat provides when you are going in to copy the pChat logs) based on whether or not you have toggled for that guild or zone to be filtered out.

For example, say I am in an RP guild and I need to chatlog an RP session with pChat. During the RP session, Zone chat is being flooded with WTS, WTB, WTT, and Guild Ads and the two trade guilds that I am a part of are very chatty with people posting something every two seconds. I am able to visually separate them with the vanilla chat tabs. However, when I go to copy the chatlog with pChat, I see everything but the RP session because the Zone chat and the two trade guilds dominate the chatlog. In order to have only the RP session in my chatlog, I would have to manually go in with something like Notepad Wordpad, or MS Word and delete the stuff I do not want line-by-line.

With the addon I am asking for, I would be able to go into the addon settings and be able to choose which chat I want to see when I use pChat to extract the chatlog.

---------------------------------------

Visual Example:

Select Chat to Filter Out:

Say ON/OFF
Tell ON/OFF
Emote ON/OFF
Whisper ON/OFF
NPC ON/OFF
Zone ON/OFF
Zone English ON/OFF
Zone Japanese ON/OFF
Zone Russian ON/OFF
Zone French ON/OFF
Zone German ON/OFF
System ON/OFF
Guild 1 ON/OFF
Guild 2 ON/OFF
Guild 3 ON/OFF
Guild 4 ON/OFF
Guild 5 ON/OFF

Does something like this already exist for the current release of ESO and which one is it? Would someone have to make it? I know pChat will never be able to add features if I am reading the addon description correctly.

Regardless, I hope I made what I want clear.
04/02/20, 11:16 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ChatLogger allows you to do that outside the game. I haven't updated it in a while, but it should still work.

I'm also currently working together with Baertram on updating pChat. I'm not 100% sure yet how we will handle the copy feature, as it relies on a part of pChat that we are trying to get rid off, but in some way or another the new version will be able to copy the filtered messages as you see them in the chat tabs.
04/03/20, 09:08 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It currently should work already with pChat.
But before you right click and choose "copy whole chat" e.g. you need to right click your chat tabs and deactivate all the unwanted chat channels that should not be copied at all of your chat tabs.
It's a bit tricky but a workaround for now.

Example:
You got 3 chat tabs, 1 for chat & zone, 1 for guilds, 1 for group and other.
Right click tab 1 "chat & zone" and choose properties/settings, deactivate all chat channels.
Right click tab 2 "guilds" and properties/settings, deactivate all chat channels.
If you copy all text now via pChat it should only contain the chat from your 3rd tab (group etc.) in the popup window.

Be sure to enable the disabled chat channels afterwards again or you won't see the chat of these channels anymore.

Edit:
Or you just use "Copy discussion". It will JUST copy the channelCode texts of the active chat channel.
Like if you right click a "say" message it should only copy the "say" messages, and if you right click a "zone" message it should only copy the zone messages.

You can also have a look at teh pChat comments, first "sticky" post contains a beta version you could try.
It got reworked in total but adds chat channel filters to the chat copy dialog now.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/03/20 at 09:24 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon for Chat Filtering That Works With pChat