02/16/14, 07:35 AM   #1
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Fishing Pool > Fishing Hole

Firstly I have to say the Map Filter by type feature is great! I appreciate it is still a WIP and wanted to provide some feedback.

One discrepancy I noticed from playing the last beta weekend: in-game they label the spot where you fish into as a Fishing Hole rather than a Fishing Pool as used currently in the Map filter icon.

Also, you have a Monster named Fishing Spot (in fact two separate entries with different item numbers) which I assume is the in-game tag for the actual Fishing Hole from which you are able to locate them on the map.

Not sure whether this is just ZOS using different nomenclature in the game or just on the site, or whether the data has changed.

Last edited by Moonraker : 02/16/14 at 07:38 AM.

02/16/14, 08:31 AM   #2
fewyn
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Firstly I have to say the Map Filter by type feature is great! I appreciate it is still a WIP and wanted to provide some feedback.

One discrepancy I noticed from playing the last beta weekend: in-game they label the spot where you fish into as a Fishing Hole rather than a Fishing Pool as used currently in the Map filter icon.

Also, you have a Monster named Fishing Spot (in fact two separate entries with different item numbers) which I assume is the in-game tag for the actual Fishing Hole from which you are able to locate them on the map.

Not sure whether this is just ZOS using different nomenclature in the game or just on the site, or whether the data has changed.
Thanks for letting us know about the Fishing Hole thing, we'll get that changed.

The second one, that's an actual monster in the game data. As far as we're aware it's not the actual fishing locations, or if it's something used in quests or what at the moment.

02/16/14, 08:53 AM   #3
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by fewyn View Post
Thanks for letting us know about the Fishing Hole thing, we'll get that changed.
No problem. Happy to contribute.
The second one, that's an actual monster in the game data. As far as we're aware it's not the actual fishing locations, or if it's something used in quests or what at the moment.
Ok makes sense for a quest related time to differentiate from normal Fishing Holes.

BTW I much prefer 'Fishing Pool' which sounds right when compared to the American 'Fishing Hole' :roll eyes: Same with Fishing Rod v Fishing Pole, though in ESO it is probably more appropriate as we use a simple 'pole' and line with no rod & reel.

ESOUI » Site Forums » ESOHead help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Fishing Pool > Fishing Hole