Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08/01/19, 12:11 PM   #1
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Angry Hide Map Ping Texture, Please!

Even after disabling all addons and libraries, and restarting the game, there's a blue map ping stuck on my map. (I had disabled everything to make sure it was in fact a base-game issue.)

I've tried disbanding my party and rejoining. The map ping disappears when not in a party, and reappears when I regroup.
It even moves for a few seconds if a party member pings somewhere else, but it always moves back into the same spot that it was in prior.

So, I've decided I'd rather not see map pings whatsoever. Never ever do I want to see one of these godforsaken map pings.

I've already googled my day away trying to find other fixes. Nothing is working for me.

My request is that someone makes an addon that makes the blue map ping invisible/hidden.
No mouse tooltip on the map for the ping. No compass information if I happen to look in the direction of a map ping.

OR...

Someone makes an addon that allows you to easily place and remove map pings, even map pings created by other players in your group.

I can supply an "invisible" texture, if it's needed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7ape7orar...Blank.dds?dl=0
(Download from that dropbox link.)

Pictures in spoiler to further clarify the issue I'm having:
Warning: Spoiler

Thank you. This would be a big quality-of-life addon. This problem is really driving me nuts.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Hide Map Ping Texture, Please!