05/18/14, 06:05 PM   #1
Zebular
[Feature Suggestions] SavedVariables, Changelog, and Favorites

I'd like to see a return of the functionality to clean the SavedVariables folder. I also do not like how when you uninstall an Addon through Minion, it automatically deletes your saved variable for that addon. This latter really should be an option to toggle.

I'd also like to see the ability to see an addon's Change Log through Minion.

I'd additionally like to see the ability to browse and install addons marked as Favorites as well as mark/unmark favorites through Minion.

Thanks!
05/19/14, 04:24 AM   #2
BornDownUnder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I like those ideas, perhaps another couple of features, feeding off your brilliant idea of saved variables and addon favourites:

A back-up (Singular and Multiple) option, having check-boxes along-side the addon listings so one can remove addons without having to re-install them, to try out a completely different set without having to go through the process of doing it manually.
To implement this feature though in the current setup of Minion, the toggle to not touch saved variables would have to be implemented, or the cleaner option would be to back up that folder as well.

The above feature is more for neat-freaks and addon perfectionists, much like I am (Always looking for a slightly better UI setup)

An uninstall all feature go back to completely Vanilla setup (Personally I would never use this feature)
05/19/14, 09:47 AM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for posting, these features are on our todo list.
05/20/14, 08:33 PM   #4
Zebular
Most welcome, thank you!
05/24/14, 07:03 AM   #5
Greevir

Originally Posted by Zebular View Post
I'd like to see a return of the functionality to clean the SavedVariables folder. I also do not like how when you uninstall an Addon through Minion, it automatically deletes your saved variable for that addon. This latter really should be an option to toggle.

I'd also like to see the ability to see an addon's Change Log through Minion.

I'd additionally like to see the ability to browse and install addons marked as Favorites as well as mark/unmark favorites through Minion.

Thanks!
A changelog would definitely be a most welcome additiong. I generally like to see a changelog before I update a mod. So now, I have to select the mod, click on the website link, click on the changlog tab, then when done, close the browser, close the addon details window (it only allows me to install here, not update), then click on update. Doing that on quite a number of mods gets to be tedious. Outside of that, love Minion so far.
05/25/14, 09:46 AM   #6
SBN
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
A changelog would definitely be a most welcome additiong. I generally like to see a changelog before I update a mod. So now, I have to select the mod, click on the website link, click on the changlog tab, then when done, close the browser, close the addon details window (it only allows me to install here, not update), then click on update. Doing that on quite a number of mods gets to be tedious. Outside of that, love Minion so far.
^This! It exactly describes the only thing I'm missing in Minion right now.
05/28/14, 10:10 PM   #7
BornDownUnder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
<Snip> Doing that on quite a number of mods gets to be tedious. Outside of that, love Minion so far.
You can right-click on the addons you have installed, it will bring up a small menu with the option to visit the website page of the addon

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [Feature Suggestions] SavedVariables, Changelog, and Favorites