05/23/19, 09:47 PM   #1
stickman890
Addons Disappeared in-game

Hello,

Originally my add-ons were installed to my one drive folder. Due to my one drive reaching maximum capacity, I decided to copy all my one drive add-ons folders to my SSD: New Volume (E > Elder Scrolls Online > The Elder Scrolls Online > Live > AddOns. This is the same location where the game is installed.

As soon as I transferred my files they all disappeared in the game. I tried uninstalling and re-installing add-ons, but nothing worked.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
05/24/19, 05:55 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this article: https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder
05/25/19, 04:33 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OneDrive is not compatible with ESO.
So you need to move the users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\ folder away from onedrive.
But the game is searching for the addons in your users "documents" directory and not on your e:\ harddrive!
So the link Votan provided tells you how to find the users documents directory which your windows uses.

You can change this folder in the windows settings but this will move ALL contents of ALL programs using the documents folder!!!! So be sure to think about this. This might cause other problems with other programs then.
05/27/19, 06:23 AM   #4
LaRIC
Premium Member
Premium Member
You can do a nice workaround that will work even with Onedrive. Perhaps not for beginners.

for instance my Documents folder is pointing to "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents"
and I want all my Elder Scrolls Online document files to be on for instance "e:\games\Elder Scrolls Online"

Then I open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator is elevated) run the following command
mklink /d "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online" "e:\games\Elder Scrolls Online"

This will create a shortcut in the file system pointing your eso files to another place but the game will think they are still in the documents folder.

OneDrive will not follow symlinks and will not try to sync the files.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons Disappeared in-game