03/18/17, 11:17 PM   #21
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Technically, we're both correct. You are correct that as long as you stay within functions and variables that it will retain its value. However, if you write it to any sort of text control, you get the little box symbols. This is no longer the data it once was but rather a 3 byte character.
03/19/17, 11:45 PM   #22
Rhyono
Due to ESO's sketchy Unicode support, this was only many times more difficult than expected: LibBinaryEncode. Now who volunteers to compile the data that needs encoded and to make an interface to display it?
03/20/17, 01:22 PM   #23
Ayantir

I did a similar thing for SkillBuilds in SuperStar, okay, this is only Base62 encoded (and not base 256) but Hashs were ****ing long, even with optmization and so on.

And squatting Guild Notes is not really a good thing It really force a whole guild to use 1 (and only 1) addon which use this feature..
03/20/17, 01:40 PM   #24
Rhyono
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
I did a similar thing for SkillBuilds in SuperStar, okay, this is only Base62 encoded (and not base 256) but Hashs were ****ing long, even with optmization and so on.
Well I ran the script outside of ESO and used os.clock(), which returned sub 0.003 for encoding and decoding 2k (roughly all of the recipes) binary digits. I feel like that's fast enough...

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
And squatting Guild Notes is not really a good thing It really force a whole guild to use 1 (and only 1) addon which use this feature..
That was just something someone had brought up as a possibility. It could also be inserted into mail or (probably) sent by whisper.
03/20/17, 06:01 PM   #25
Ayantir

I was not talking of time for encoding/decoding but length of the hash generated.

Building a Hash for something like this will require approx. :

1 char for versioning and addon recognition.
3 char for style knowledge with a code with a power of 2 value
per smithing tradeskill (*3) :
1 char for tradeskill = 3
1 char for skilllevel = 3
2 chars for traits with a code with a power of 2 value = 6
enchanting:
1 char for tradeskill
1 char for skilllevel / aspectlevel
3 chars (or 4, I dont remember count of aspect runes) for aspect.
3 chars for potency.
alchemy:
1 char for tradeskill
1 char for skilllevel
5 chars for flowers knowledge (maybe 6.; forget how much flowers we have precisly).
cooking:
1 char for tradeskill
1 char for skilllevel / aspectlevel
~190 chars approx. for all those recipes. (I've started with a base of 1500 recipes).

so a it should will be from 8 chars (a folk who knows only alchemy) to ~ 220 / 230 chars for everything.
mwokay, it's not as so big with a good compression (base 256 is powerful, I agree) after, I've shown the hash in the addon itself, so users can share them however they want. pushing the stuff in savedvars or displaying it in guild roster at the convenience of user is a good choice.
03/22/17, 07:45 AM   #26
manavortex

Originally Posted by tawniey View Post
At present, I can't seem to figure out a way to even obtain the SavedVariable files from the addon's folder in any way. Copying and pasting files would be fine, as I had mentioned an import/export feature in a later comment. Thanks for your help!
It's not in the AddOn's folder. Go up two levels, then find the folder "SavedVariables" - in your ESO folder, same level as the AddOn folder, where the usersettings are.
11/24/19, 05:21 AM   #27
Caniblast
Hi. I would also love to have such an addon. In the past Cookerywiz was able to do it but only for recipe. Maybe this addon can give a hint on how to do it.
11/24/19, 07:48 AM   #28
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You cannot get the data of your guild mates as there is simply no API for it to resolve the information.

Ppl would need to collect the info on their end of the game (their client!) and then send the information somewhere, like an online platform, and you collect the data again and use it in your addon afterwards.
The same way like Tamriel Trade Center with it's client is working.

I doubt there will be anyone investing such time and effort to achieve it, but maybe there will be someone. Pressing my thumbs for you.
11/24/19, 11:35 AM   #29
Rhyono
At this point, with the number of styles, recipes and blueprints we have: there's absolutely no way to fit all of it in a guild note.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Guild/Friend Furniture Crafting List