11/03/20, 06:30 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UI resetting at each log in

UPDATE : found out the addon it was ESO Master recipe.

But i did not resolve yet why my account does not keep the settings and reset each time I relog from the account panel - seems all is fine if i just log off and log in, but if i have to start from the account panel, then everything is gone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the patch, at least 3 times per day, i have to redo my whole ui, on one of my account.

The last time was this afternoon. I just log in and everything is changed where i applied the same settings that my other account, not by copy past but by really doing it manually, with a reload each time for each addon.

I could play two hours, log off and come back all was perfect.
Had to take some rest, i log in and all is reverted again. I did made before leaving a full save of the saved variables folder. When i saw that all was reversed, i replaced the savedvariables by the save. I log in and all was again modified.

I am thinking about something that is strange : each time a character log in, the game immdiatly initiate itself a reloadui. I do not launch it, i dont type anything, i do not move my mouse, but the game reloadui. Could it be an addon that do this and thus can not charge my settings ?

Any help would be welcome

Thankyou

Last edited by Anceane : 11/03/20 at 09:44 PM.
11/04/20, 06:01 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If the data is not saved the SavedVariable file is not written properly.
But if it affects more than 1 addon it's most probably your antivirus or something else blocking the whole SavedVariables folder.

Try to whitelist/put on allowed/exclusion list the folder c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\SavedVAriables so that it's allowed to access the SavedVariables files in there properly.

You could also manually try just 1 addon on that account and check this addon's SV file afterwards if it was updated properly with your settings.

Another reason could be special characters in your account name like ^°'~ or similar which ZOs had changed in the past to save as HTML entities.
e.g.  would save as  instead and so on.
Maybe this is the reason the data will be saved but not "loaded from" properly anymore. You might need to change the account name to something without special characters in it. But this was known since 2 patches ago I think.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/04/20 at 06:03 AM.
11/04/20, 01:53 PM   #3
Anceane

Thank you i learned today how to whitelist a folder and i did it ) from now my savedvariables are whitelisted ) thank you again for all the help

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » UI resetting at each log in