04/04/14, 07:34 AM   #1
Aysling
Minion Won't Start

I see a lot of people having issues with loading screens and such, but I can't get past the splash screen! It just freezes.

Your minion#.log (located in your Documents folder under .minion). - I do not appear to have a .minion folder?
Your minion.xml (located in your Documents folder under .minion).

A screenshot of the problem if applicable.

What operating system are you using Minion with? - Windows 7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.png
Views:	2597
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	67  
04/04/14, 10:29 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Aysling,

Did you install Minion in the default location or did you change it? Does your windows user name have some non-English/ascii/etc characters in it?

Also this might sound like a strange question but what is your default web browser (Minion uses it for network/proxy settings).

Thanks.
04/04/14, 07:03 PM   #3
Aysling
I installed it in the default location. My username is all English characters. Chrome.
04/08/14, 12:09 AM   #4
Aysling
Any ideas?
04/14/14, 11:31 AM   #5
Aysling
Angry

I haven't received an update/reply in 10 days.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, with no success. I tried letting it run overnight to see if it just needed a bit longer to load that first time. I use Curse updater, and I'd really like to use Minion as my main updater for ESO, as all of my addons are on esoui.com, and only a few are on curse!

Can anyone help, please?
04/14/14, 11:51 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sorry Aysling,

I'm talking to our java programmer to get ideas on where I should start looking. I'm really not sure where to start with your problem. There is no error and its not even loading the splash screen graphic. I havent had any one else with this problem either to help piece together what could cause this.

I will say that when Minion starts it wants an internet connection. If it can't get one it wont get past the splash screen. Is there any firewall scanner on your system preventing Minion from connecting or possibly even loading? Check the activity logs of your malware/security scanner if you have one installed to see if there is anything Minion related.

I am wondering if there is some missing files in your installation? If you go to the folder Minion is installed in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Minion\app do you have the following?:

- lib (folder with 22 jar files)
- minion_updater.sh
- minion_updater.wsf
- Minion-jfx.jar
- package.cfg

We have also released an update version 2.0.5 at http://minion.mmoui.com. Can you un-install Minion and re-install our latest release?

Last edited by Dolby : 04/14/14 at 12:09 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Won't Start