05/30/21, 08:55 PM   #1
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Question Help With "Miat's Stealth Text" Please

I really enjoy using Miat's Stealth Text, but the problem I have with it is that the text above the reticle disappears when looking inside a container.
Looking inside a container with stealable items is definitely one of the most important times to know whether or not you're fully hidden. (And I don't like ONLY depending on the "eye" reticle symbol.)

I've already made the changes that are in the comments of the addon. (Deleting LibStub and all that.)

But is there something I can change or add in the addon's lua to restore the text above the reticle when searching containers?

P.S. The addon hasn't been updated since May of 2017. That's why I'm asking on the forums for help. Thank you in advance for assistance!
05/31/21, 01:42 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll have a look if there is any function/event I can hook into to update the stealth text again if you start a loot process. Somehow it get's hidden there, might be easy (or not ) to show it again.

Edit:
I see there also are other culprits like SavedVAriables using the charname etc. and some double checks and strings that could be improved, as well as filters that could be applied to the events to less-stress the lua code checks on each buff...

Last edited by Baertram : 05/31/21 at 01:50 PM.
05/31/21, 02:49 PM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
lol. Sounds like a job for the amazing Baertram!
05/31/21, 02:58 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I've found out that the LOOT_SCENE uses the CLEAR_CURSOR_FRAGMENT which hides the stuff at the cursor.
If you remove it the cursor will show the hidden state "that you got last before the looting starts" but it will never update as the state change (EVENT_STEALTH_STATE_CHANGED or EVENT_DISGUISE_STATE_CHANGED) does seem to fire, but does not visibly update any texts anymore as long as you are looting.
Even if a NPC is directly next to you...

If you press the key to close the loot or change to the non-mouse mode again the cursor updates to "DETECTED" all of sudden, but it never does as you are looting So changing this would be of no help I guess but if you want to test it, here is the version:

Edit:
And after some more tests removing the fragment does not fix it for 100%, somehow it is hidden sometimes but not always. I'll test a bit more with the scene and fragments and maybe remove them as the scene get's shown.

Better Stealth Text 2.0 Baertram
Chagelog:
-removed LibStub and embedded libraries
-changed calls to LibAddonMenu-2.0
-changed texts to do not use duplicate texts but use SI_ string constants where given
-changed some text detections to cache
-added event filter for the action result of buff gained
-added event filter for the target at the combat event -> player
-changed player name to be determiend only once and not at every combat event
-changed some other variables to local pointers -> better performance
-changed SavedVariables to save with characterId instead of name (rename safe!)
-changed SavedVariables to use the server name
-changed the loot scene to not hide the cursor attached info texts anymore

Last edited by Baertram : 05/31/21 at 03:23 PM.
05/31/21, 03:21 PM   #5
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Okay! I've installed the version you linked. Gonna give it a try!
05/31/21, 03:31 PM   #6
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
I wonder if it would be possible to automatically toggle the addon off somehow in the lua when searching containers? So it uses the default reticle hiding messages? And then the addon automatically works again after exiting a container?
I have no idea. Just a thought.
05/31/21, 03:58 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Does the vanilla UI show that? Need to test it. I think it also hides the text? As the scenes and fragments used are not touched by this addon here, nor the ZO_ReticleContainer until now.
Maybe, I'm currently checking why ZO_ReticleContainer get's hidden in total as he loot scene is called. Maybe I can just enable the control (unhide it) with the addon enabled.

After some more tests I can make the text of the addon show but once you got detected the text will not change anymore as the event of the stealth state does not update anymore UNTIL you leave the loot scene. So it works somehow and shows you if you that you were detected. But then you'd have to manually close the loot and do it again to update the reticle properly.
But even the eye at the reticle does not update properly then anymore for me until the loot scne was closed...

Redownload this version please and test a bit more. Some debug messages are enabled atm

If it works for you you can comment the line 151 from this:
Code:
 d('stealthstate: ' .. tostring(stealthState) .. " - " ..BST.stealthTexts[stealthState])
to this:
Code:
-- d('stealthstate: ' .. tostring(stealthState) .. " - " ..BST.stealthTexts[stealthState])

Last edited by Baertram : 05/31/21 at 04:18 PM.
05/31/21, 06:47 PM   #8
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
No, this last version messes up the UI a bit when I'm detected while looking inside a container.
Screenshot:

But yes, I disabled all of my addons and the vanilla game does constantly show you your hidden status, and instantly updates the status text as needed.
05/31/21, 07:41 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, but if it does this it should do this as well as the addon is enabled, weird. I did not find anything tha changes this particular container of the crosshair there.
I'll have another look in the next days if disabling the addon during looting helps.
06/02/21, 02:08 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sorry, cannot seem to get it to work.
Consider this as not doable atm.
06/02/21, 02:32 PM   #11
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Okay! Thank you for trying!