06/02/19, 03:53 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
where do we post errors in almost abandonned addons ?

Error showned in viewer, but this is an addon almost abandonned - Last visit from the author is November 11, 2018.

Code:
[libDialog]Error: Dialog with the unique identifier 'TrackerUnlocked' does not exist for the addon 'FCMQT'!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
user:/AddOns/LibDialog/LibDialog.lua:152: in function 'lib:ShowDialog'
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:1235: in function 'FCMQT.Init'
Should i replace the addon ?

The libdialog in this addon is version 1.21, while the Lib standalone is 1.23, should i suppress the one in the addon ?
06/03/19, 02:08 PM   #2
Drakanwulf

I use FCMQT and a standalone LibDialog 1.23 in my .../AddOns/... folder. I am not having problems; however, I have tweaked the manifest files and add-on folder packaging for both add-ons.

Before you make any changes to your ESO installation, you should know that I install and load all my add-ons with the Out-Of-Date checkbox turned OFF because I want to see any and every add-on loading error. If I do find an error, I change manifest files and/or add-on folder packaging to remove all embedded add-ons that are duplicates of add-ons that already exist in the .../AddOns/... folder of my ESO installation before I update the ##DependsOn: directive with their folder names to request that the game load these dependency add-ons first.

I removed all the embedded Library add-ons from FCMQT and deleted its "Libs" or "libs" folder. I changed the FCMQT manifest file (FCMQT.txt) to contain only these directives:

Code:
## Title: FCM Quest Tracker
## APIVersion: 100027 100028
## Author: DesertDwellers
## Version: 1.5.5.25
## AddOnVersion: 15525
## DependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0 LibMediaProvider-1.0 LibDialog LibMsgWin-1.0 LibCustomTitles
## SavedVariables: FCMQTSavedVars

Bindings/bindings.xml
Bindings/bindings.lua

Includes/preset.lua
Includes/functions.lua
Includes/settings.lua

Langs/us.lua
Langs/fr.lua
Langs/de.lua

FCMQT.xml
FCMQT.lua

; This Add-on is not created by, affiliated with, or sponsored by, ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates.
; The Elder Scrolls® and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
; All rights reserved.
;
; You can read the full terms at: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/add-on-terms
Note the extensive list of Library add-ons in the ##DependsOn: directive. You should download the latest copies of all these add-ons from ESOUI into your .../AddOns/... game folder and unzip them there to convert them from embedded to standalone. That should solve your problems with FCMQT... providing the Library add-ons have all been updated to run with the Elsweyr (5.0.5) release. ESOUI will tell you if these Libraries are compatible or not.

This is my manifest file for LibDialog 1.23. I believe has the same content as Baertram's manifest file but the directives may be in a different order:

Code:
## Title: LibDialog
## Description: Shows a confirmation dialog with 2 buttons and customizable title, text and button callback functions
## APIVersion: 100027 100028
## AddOnVersion: 123
## Version: 1.23
## OptionalDependsOn: LibStub
## IsLibrary: true
## Author: Baertram

LibDialog.lua

## This Add-On is not created by, affiliated with or sponsored by ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. The Elder Scrolls® and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
06/03/19, 02:39 PM   #3
Anceane

UPDATE :

The only difference : i had to remove from the Dependson, the CustomTitles. It was shown as a missing dependency though existing and showing in the addons libs.

Perhaps the fact that there is not .txt for it created a problem with this addon, i dont know.

But anyway all is working fine, and the LibCustomTitles works fine too.

Thank you

THank you!

Will adapt too. I already do a lot of things but never modified a .txt for unknowing what should be done to be done correctly.

With you help this should be done perfectly

Thank you

Last edited by Anceane : 06/03/19 at 03:29 PM.
06/04/19, 02:43 PM   #4
Drakanwulf

Thank you for your kind words, Anceane, they are appreciated. I am going to respond to the points you raised in your reply to the best of my limited abilities.

Regarding the CustomTitles add-on, FCMQT does not use this add-on now. It may have in the past but it does not now. I looked in the FCMQT add-on code to verify this.

Of more importance is that when dependency (Library) add-ons are shown as missing, the new loading rules mean the dependent library (e.g. CustomTitles in this case) folder has one or more of these things wrong with its packaging:
1. It is not in your .../AddOns/... folder
2. It is not in the add-ons list of the ##DependsOn: directive of the add-on that needs it (e.g. FCMQT in this case).
3. It is embedded in another older add-on that you have not investigated. You can use the File Explorer Search feature to scan all the add-on folders in your .../AddOns/... directory for the extra (and probably very old) embedded add-on copies.

If you find additional copies of the "missing" add-on embedded in other add-on folders, then you will have to repeat the find it; delete it; add its name to the ## DependsOn: directive for the embedding add-on cycle, until you have removed all of the offending, embedded add-on copies.

I apologize for asking you to do all this work, but you will have to continue to do this until we add-on developers (including the Minion developers) can update all the existing and viable add-ons to the new loading rules. Most of us are trying our best to get everything up to date; the others are probably not playing ESO as much as they used to play, if they are even playing ESO at all.

I hope this has helped you understand more about the complex world of add-on loading. If you would like to learn more, please click on the ESOUI wiki tab and scroll down through the Content Description entries to the "Packaging" sections at the bottom of the page and read them.

Last edited by Drakanwulf : 06/04/19 at 02:54 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » where do we post errors in almost abandonned addons ?