10/02/19, 08:09 PM   #1
cloudor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to get label font name?

I want to get some labels' font name. But there is no such api provided. Any suggestions?
10/03/19, 03:08 AM   #2
Kyoma
Hmmm, don't believe there is a way to get the font. The only idea I'd have would be to get the text's height and width and then use a dummy label and loop over all fonts to get a match. But I doubt that would even be remotely accurate :/
10/03/19, 03:24 AM   #3
cloudor

Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
Hmmm, don't believe there is a way to get the font. The only idea I'd have would be to get the text's height and width and then use a dummy label and loop over all fonts to get a match. But I doubt that would even be remotely accurate :/
I want to change control's font to support translation. Or is there a way to change default values of MEDIUM_FONT,BOLD_FONT,etc ?
10/03/19, 06:49 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I don't think so but here is somethign I found about a combobox's font "ratio" which uses GetFontInfo() function:
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...ommon.lua#L574

Maybe you can adopt this code somehow if you get the label's font info in any way

Or, depending on your language, you could always overwrite the label's font with a selected one (LAM menu combobox with font entries e.g.) and le the user choose the font + size maybe.
10/03/19, 08:14 AM   #5
Rhyono
Is this your own label? You can make a Font, assign a default to it, then if you see someone is using another language, do FontName:SetFont(<font>)
10/03/19, 08:20 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
You can supply a .str file which will load with the language file and allow you to override strings or fonts. I'd take a look at the RuESO addon for an example.
10/03/19, 08:40 AM   #7
cloudor

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I don't think so but here is somethign I found about a combobox's font "ratio" which uses GetFontInfo() function:
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...ommon.lua#L574

Maybe you can adopt this code somehow if you get the label's font info in any way

Or, depending on your language, you could always overwrite the label's font with a selected one (LAM menu combobox with font entries e.g.) and le the user choose the font + size maybe.
I want to traverse and replace all controls' fonts depending on their original font face name. I have modified the metatable of LabelControl but it only works for controls created and configured(SetFont) in lua after the metatable had been modified. Those already created before or created by xml file still remains old font. So I need either getting font info or replacing font variable values.
10/03/19, 08:49 AM   #8
cloudor

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
You can supply a .str file which will load with the language file and allow you to override strings or fonts. I'd take a look at the RuESO addon for an example.
Many addons use font variable like "$(MEDIUM_FONT)|16|soft-shadow-thick", can I override MEDIUM_FONT?
10/03/19, 09:09 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You maybe could overwrite the font definitions in total if you need it to be exchanged:
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...s_keyboard.xml

Which overall would be the .str stuff Chip already said
10/03/19, 10:07 AM   #10
cloudor

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You maybe could overwrite the font definitions in total if you need it to be exchanged:
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...s_keyboard.xml

Which overall would be the .str stuff Chip already said
But these are not enough for addons using fonts like MEDIUM_FONT, BOLD_FONT, etc.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to get label font name?