06/15/19, 10:31 AM   #1
Marazota
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild History of sales changes. Discussion and solutions

While this is still subject to change, and may be ZOS will revert API changes, better to be ready for worst scenario
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...rmanent-please
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...-guild-history

also, id like to hear a word from API developer here
what was behind this decigion, please?

what i have in mind, and its related to Master Merchant addon ofc:

- if guild history will still be unavailable for addons
- when you sold an item - you receiving a MAIL with gold
- i think it will be possible to read DATA from that mail (amount of gold, item name, quantity, date, guild name)
- this info you already can see if you turn on option in Awesome Guild Store
- and record this data to Master Merchant data base?

also, may be Philgo will consider to make a way to merge data across users, similar way like its is now in HarversMap addon

/discuss

about other addons, history of donations, promotions, kicks or invites... im not sure still, but i hope together, in this topic we will find workarounds!

P.s. while i understand solution with mails isnt perfect, because guild master still will not able to see summary of sales of the guild total or of each member, the member itself will able to have up-to-date data of his own sales
....and if merge feature will be added, everything will works the same as before
ofcourse if people will upload and merge their data
.... but also they can edit their saved variables and add sales that doesnt exist... hmm. it will be bad
open space for manipulations

Last edited by Marazota : 06/17/19 at 05:52 AM.
06/15/19, 10:57 AM   #2
Rhyono
As your own sale history, that'd be fine. But to have an actual idea of prices, a large portion of players would be having to upload their data and you'd need access to it. If things were to stay as they are, TTC would be the most capable of adapting.
06/15/19, 11:49 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the mail does not contain information about the sold item. AGS only takes a guess by comparing the attached gold and send time to the guild history. As long as the history is disabled it won't work and just show the regular mail text.
06/15/19, 12:27 PM   #4
Rhyono
I haven't seen the regular mail text in so long that I didn't realize AGS was making assumptions to show the item name. It makes sense now, since a couple times the mail text has shown the same item twice (back to back mail) when they sold for the same price and likely at almost the exact same time.
06/15/19, 12:50 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

I may actually be able to improve that now by taking the item unique ids into account and only consider a history entry when the id hasn't been assigned to a mail yet.
06/15/19, 01:11 PM   #6
Marazota
at least gold and item-id
can be taken from email without access to guild history?
06/15/19, 01:18 PM   #7
sirinsidiator

Nope. item is not known. only gold.
06/15/19, 01:24 PM   #8
Marazota
damn thats... unfortunate

so in theory we need addon that can read an event when we listing smthing to the guild
with amount of gold and item-id
and then somehow compare to the system email of Item being sold

still too difficultm and we must not list different items for similar price too then
06/16/19, 03:08 PM   #9
Marazota
one addition

we also can track items we bought
and add them to database in theory
06/17/19, 05:52 AM   #10
Marazota
old was closed
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...-guild-history

also, id like to hear a word from API developer here
what was behind this decigion, please?
06/17/19, 09:16 AM   #11
Marazota
UPD.
guild bank history working as before
from my understanding Sales history only unavailable

06/18/19, 03:26 AM   #12
Marazota
From what I have heard, MM is restricted to the most recent 99-199 items when it refreshes (you might also need to open guild history for sales first). So basically addons can technically access SOME information but is blocked from getting most of the info unless you keep refreshing it every minute 24/7.

I guess this was ZOS's stopgap measure to restore guild history while still limiting addons from making calls to the server.
06/18/19, 01:05 PM   #13
Verbalinkontinenz

I was able to pull - I guess - complete 10 days data last night from 10pm till 1:30 am, it took quite a while. i google-translated Kai Schobers comment on it.

@DDD: The patch today, a switch has been installed, which allows us to regulate the access on-the-fly. That's exactly what happened immediately after the patch.
I am not sure, how its supposed to work still, since other people mention it doesnt work for them. On my Main Account I also wasnt able to get the data, but on my second account it was working. I have no clue what the difference was, I could imagine, Shissus Guild Tools requesting history same time might be the reason it didnt work on main. But I didnt go deep into it yet.

If it's working as we guess, it seems as the contingent for requests is limited. That's why I requested some changes on ATT from Arka, so people wont necessarily pull all 10 days all the time when ATT is activated. This on the other hand requires Dev support. ZOS would have to adjust the return value of RequestGuildHistoryCategoryOlder(), so the addon knows, there is still data available, but can not be retrieved at the moment.

Last edited by Verbalinkontinenz : 06/18/19 at 01:12 PM.
06/18/19, 01:36 PM   #14
Marazota
Originally Posted by Verbalinkontinenz View Post
I was able to pull - I guess - complete 10 days data last night from 10pm till 1:30 am, it took quite a while. i google-translated Kai Schobers comment on it.

I am not sure, how its supposed to work still, since other people mention it doesnt work for them. On my Main Account I also wasnt able to get the data, but on my second account it was working. I have no clue what the difference was, I could imagine, Shissus Guild Tools requesting history same time might be the reason it didnt work on main. But I didnt go deep into it yet.

If it's working as we guess, it seems as the contingent for requests is limited. That's why I requested some changes on ATT from Arka, so people wont necessarily pull all 10 days all the time when ATT is activated. This on the other hand requires Dev support. ZOS would have to adjust the return value of RequestGuildHistoryCategoryOlder(), so the addon knows, there is still data available, but can not be retrieved at the moment.
AHA! from mm comments

Originally Posted by Sorondor
I was able to get the entirety of this past week's sales data into MM. The key is to manually load the sales history before enabling MM. It appears that MM is still capable of reading the sales history, but only sales history that has been manually loaded (i.e. "Show More") by the player. Warning: Getting the full 10 days of sales history for my trade guild was extremely time consuming, the sales history developed weird display issues after about day 5, and client freezes grew quite severe the more history was loaded.

I was able to verify MM appears to read the sales history properly because I had sales last Monday and Tuesday and MM correctly tallied them. YMMV
06/18/19, 01:37 PM   #15
Verbalinkontinenz

Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
AHA! from mm comments
Nope, I didnt do anything like that. I also read Blobsky in a Discord talking about a secret trick. There is no trick. ATT just pings server and sometimes its getting response and data and sometimes (most of the time) not. And this the complete 10 days back. But this matches Kai Schobers statement.
06/18/19, 03:23 PM   #16
Marazota
Originally Posted by Verbalinkontinenz View Post
Nope, I didnt do anything like that. I also read Blobsky in a Discord talking about a secret trick. There is no trick. ATT just pings server and sometimes its getting response and data and sometimes (most of the time) not. And this the complete 10 days back. But this matches Kai Schobers statement.
can you please link Kai original post
06/18/19, 03:46 PM   #17
Verbalinkontinenz

Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
can you please link Kai original post
It's german:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...omment_6143722

@DDD: Mit dem Patch heute wurde ein Schalter eingebaut, der uns erlaubt den Zugriff on-the-fly zu reglementieren. Genau das geschah unmittelbar nach dem Patch.
I was nagging at Kai and Gina in forums, because to me the whole behaviour ingame of guilds, chat lags, pvp and so on was contrary to the previous announcement of opening history but removing api command or disallowing addons to request that data. To me then it seemed, as if nothing had changed the first hour after patch and then something happened with the server, it suddenly stabilized. while att slowly started grabbing sales data.

Last edited by Verbalinkontinenz : 06/18/19 at 03:50 PM.
06/19/19, 09:42 AM   #18
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
The changes to the guild history API allowed us to control the frequency of addon requests to stabilize the load in the short term. While the cooldown on the requests is something that we can tune as needed, the present timings are one new data request and one old data request per category each time you log in (100 entries per request). And then an additional new request every 30 minutes and an additional old request every 30 seconds. This will slow down mining all of the past entries, but will allow us to keep providing data while a better long-term solution is pursued.
06/19/19, 01:14 PM   #19
Rhyono
Do you think it might be time to change how it works in general to a more native solution?

Things an average player "needs" to know:
  • Their own sales
  • The typical value of an item

Things a guildmaster "needs" to know:
  • Guildmate sales for the previous/current week.

Right now, addons such as MM are trying to pull all of this data every login and try to piece it all together. What if you shorthanded it yourselves with cached results?

This would shift all of those tiny calls and client side calculations into much less frequent queries, handled in a much faster manner.

What you would likely need to do:

Price history:
  • Allow it to be toggled off (some players don't want the overhead and that's fine).
  • Have aggregated prices for all items across sales in all guilds over the past X.
  • Have aggregated prices update every X (day?)
  • Have it cached using saved vars, allowing tooltips and so forth to pull it in without hitting the server every time. The longer the delay between the updates also make the cache more important, so that logging in doesn't necessarily update it either. Addons would also be allowed to do things with this cached info without API calls.

Sales history:
  • Allow it to be toggled
  • Add a guild UI tab for players to pull up their sales (only their own sales)
  • Can use a cache. Upon login, would check against the existing cache file's date and only append new sales.
  • Every X minutes, it will check for new sales.

Guild info:
  • Add a guild UI tab that lists all guildmates total sales for X time frame (only the aggregates per player, not the line item detail).
  • Can use a cache. Would probably only update once or twice per day. Should cache each player's weekly sales per the guild cycle. Retaining more than just the current week would be a setting that mostly only guildmasters would need and manually enable for themselves. If you wanted to slim this down more, viewing other player's sales would be strictly based on guild roles/permissions. A normal player would perhaps just see their own rank/sales.
06/19/19, 01:21 PM   #20
Verbalinkontinenz

Have it cached using saved vars, allowing tooltips and so forth to pull it in without hitting the server every time. The longer the delay between the updates also make the cache more important, so that logging in doesn't necessarily update it either. Addons would also be allowed to do things with this cached info without API calls.
Tbh this is my fav. suggestion as well.

-> User Setting save such data local
-> ESO saves data, it gets timestamp, new data gets updated till timestamp + buffer of specific amount of time to check the saved its correct, data gets deleted after x amount of days (maybe 14d?)
-> everyone else, who isnt activating that setting gets only max 3 days via sales history

The rest isnt that necessary to be done by ZOS, i doubt it would ever happen, but for such ui mods we have addon developers.

Last edited by Verbalinkontinenz : 06/19/19 at 01:23 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Guild History of sales changes. Discussion and solutions