12/06/21, 07:24 PM   #1
artlessknave
skip completed repeatable quests

has anyone run across an addon that would prevent accepting repeatable quests that have been completed at least once?

I'm trying to use Quest Log to finish quests that are reasonably completable, but I am currently not interested in repeating any quest. what I'm thinking about is something like the countess or spree mods that will skip the other quests, except applying to any completed quest. except, obviously, it could only trigger daily.
12/06/21, 09:16 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no mod because the game developers only provide access to things that they already need for the UI so that we can make modifications. There is no reason for them to do that so the functionality doesn't even exist.

Stick with Journal Quest Log because that will probably be the most to your liking as far as your desired play style.
12/07/21, 05:39 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can use https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1022-QuestMap.html or https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...tinations.html to show the repeatable quests on the map.
There should be filters at the map so you are able to hide all/show all repeatables.

But as Sharlikran said there is no good way to track you did a repeatable quest once and thus you'd have to note that down for yourself or use the "brain" addon
I got used to the repeatable ones pretty quickly and just take the ones in zones I like meanwhile, or where I need set items etc. (daily worldboss/delve repeatables in the capitals/main cities of a zone e.g.)
12/07/21, 06:21 AM   #4
Sharlikran

Baertram in his case the pins for quests that he can not complete like the breadcrumb quests would drive him crazy. He doesn't even want to see the same repeatable quest let alone have to deal with the fact that once you do the main quest the breadcrumb quest will remain uncompleted because of the game's design. Quest map and Destinations would still display the pin even if he can not accept it from the NPC.

He is simply being specific and asking if such a thing exists, and the answer is no. The Journal he has is his best option.

To add to this artlessknave, the only reason the Journal you are using does what it does is because of painstaking work. The author was not able to automate that or data mine any of the information. It is all manually hand entered.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 12/07/21 at 06:24 AM.
12/07/21, 08:11 PM   #5
artlessknave
oh, i do have questpins. you aren't wrong about it bugging me, but its not THAT bad. i can hide the OTHER pins (mainly the red ones in quest journal, sigh) but not the green ones . I already figured the answer was probably no but gave asking here a shot just to be sure.

I don't care about seeing the repeatable quests, it's just that filtering through for the ones I completed already would be nice to avoid (I remember the names unreliably), so any way to just not accept them was what I was hoping for. I use a ton of mods (thanks Baertram and others), and right now this was my biggest pain point.

thanks for responding.

Last edited by artlessknave : 12/07/21 at 08:24 PM.
12/08/21, 01:36 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Another idea:
Use the addon "Harvens Custom Map Pins" and add a marker flag to the map (near the repeatable quests you did already).
I use this to make "notes" at the map for myself e.g.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...nsMarkers.html

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » skip completed repeatable quests