11/03/15, 04:25 PM   #1
Mrtoobyy
Console/gamepad UI

Hello.

I've been waiting for controller support since the release in 2014. I bought the game for Xbox one when it came out just to see the difference of playing with a real controller support vs a third party.

I love to play with my Xbox one controller, love the smooth walking/running/vibration etc. The only thing is the UI. Like in Diablo 3 or with Skyrims SkyUI mod it's really fun to go through all your loot and see what you've gotten. But with ESO I feel that it's really messy to navigate through categories. And if I accidentally loot something, the process of going in and destroy/drop is bad if u ask me. If you've played Skyrim with SkyUI you probably know how much easier it is there to use your inventory.

Now that it finally has arrived to PC I HOPE some awesome people could tweak it?

List of my "wishes" for the controller UI.

1. HORIZONTAL LAYOUT of the inventory, something like this Click image for larger version

Name:	SkyUI.jpg
Views:	3315
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	640
For example if you're selling stuff in one category you'd have to scroll DOWN to that category. Pressing RB/LB to navigate vertically to a category would be much easier.

2. A NEW THEME. Something else than a black and white square? Maybe some "old scroll" look like Oblivion had?Click image for larger version

Name:	Oblivion UI.jpg
Views:	1819
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	641

3. CURRENCY ICONS. Why on earth make them all grey/white? Why not keep the Gold "gold", Alliance points "Green" and Tel var stones "Blue".

4. COMPASS AND HEALTH BARS. The console versions just look thin, flat and boring. Why can't they stay the same whether you play with a gamepad or not?

5. INVENTORY WINDOW SIZE? There is a lot of plain black covering most of the screen. It would be great if you could just trim them a little bit so you don't feel that "boxed in" as you do.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Console inventory.jpg
Views:	5158
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	642

I don't know if any of this is possible. BUT IF it is and someone would be up to the task I would gladly pay for your work and help you out as much as you can.
I mean one of the funniest things with RPG:s is collecting and finding new items for your character. And going in to the inventory should be something you love to do.

I will contact Bethesda regarding these requests as well, hopefully I will atleast get an answer.

Thanks/ Mrtoobyy
11/03/15, 05:35 PM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Few things for console UI requests :

We're few. Lot of us are now updating addons which were not originally made by ourselves, even if they rewrited it entirely. Have 1 addon to update is quite easy, even if it's a big one, Have 3, 4, 5 is a bit harder, you always have one addon which you're not entirely satisfied on or worse, not updated.

We're playing in a MMO, API move a way quicker than an solo-RPG. If we had a huge pause between 1.6 and IC to polish our stuff, we only had 2 months between IC and Orsinium. IC broke a lot of things, and Orsinium popped so fast that we still got some IC related bugs to fix. Thiefs guild will pop in 3 months (2 months for PTS). and 3 months, it's the time needed to build an addon like the one you suggest. With a base, It could be reduced if you only need to adapt the UI and already have the core feature, but it's still a lot of time.

Most of us are playing with a keyboard. If we're here, that's because we wanted to rewrite somthing we were forced to use and didn't liked the way it was. Console UI also needs devs who plays with console UI only for motivation and daily tests issues.

Gamepad (on PC) is still on beta. Doing big things before to be sure it's a stable thing is not very soothing. We are on the console UI. Some things are made because of console restrictions and maybe not adapted to PC-gamepad.

For now, we don' have a lot of things UI oriented which adapts automatically when you're on gamepad console, lot of us need to rewrite everything if they want to add gamepad support.

I hope you'll find motivated people for your suggestions, some of them are very quick to do, some others very long.
11/04/15, 04:42 AM   #3
Mrtoobyy
Ayantir: Yeah I was afraid you'd say so... I've noticed that some addons I use wont work properly cause of Orsinium. Anyway thank you for your time you took to answer! =) And I do hope too that I'll find some people to help me out.

Tierney11290: Of course the gamepad support should be different than the keyboard/mouse. But it feels too scaled down. Like the logo for Elite units. It doesnt even look unique on the console compared to PC.
Like I said before I'm just glad you replied something hehe.
If you need help with anything let me know. I'm just an email away.
02/16/16, 02:35 PM   #4
Mrtoobyy
Hello again. I just wanted to refresh this thread and hope that someone feels the same way I do about the things I mentioned. =) Like I said if anyone would be able to do some of the things I want I will gladly help or pay you for the work.

/Tobbe
02/16/16, 04:59 PM   #5
Ayantir

Check http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...rovements.html
02/16/16, 06:57 PM   #6
prasoc

Hi,
I am the author of BetterUI and my goal for this addon is to make the interface as usable as the keyboard interface is.

Here is a sneak peek into the next (large) update to BUI. It is still VERY much in testing and designing at the moment, but I have altered the inventory interface extensively.

My inspiration for BUI was from the Skyrim mod SkyUI (which is the screenshot you attached) so we seem to have a common goal!

I have yet to implement the "horizontal" aspect of category picking, but that will be put in very soon, probably in the next few days

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BUI-inventory.png
Views:	2821
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	687  

Last edited by prasoc : 02/16/16 at 07:11 PM.
02/17/16, 03:42 AM   #7
Mrtoobyy
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Thank you very much!
02/17/16, 03:43 AM   #8
Mrtoobyy
Originally Posted by prasoc View Post
Hi,
I am the author of BetterUI and my goal for this addon is to make the interface as usable as the keyboard interface is.

Here is a sneak peek into the next (large) update to BUI. It is still VERY much in testing and designing at the moment, but I have altered the inventory interface extensively.

My inspiration for BUI was from the Skyrim mod SkyUI (which is the screenshot you attached) so we seem to have a common goal!

I have yet to implement the "horizontal" aspect of category picking, but that will be put in very soon, probably in the next few days

If you were here right now I'd kiss you! Thank you so much for doing this. Like I said if you need any help or anything let me know. I check my mail daily.

Now I'm gonna try this out.
02/19/16, 11:36 AM   #9
Mrtoobyy
Sorry If I seem to be spamming this thread I just thought of something.

Is there anyway to add "destroy" to the X button? So you dont have to go in to "actions" every time.

And when you are scrolling around the world map there is REALLY annoying to have to zoom out everytime. It would be great to have RB and LB buttons work as Left and RIght buttons on the mouse to just click in and out of zones.
02/19/16, 04:21 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Isn't destroy already on the right stick if you press it down?
02/20/16, 06:32 AM   #11
Mrtoobyy
Oh yeah it does. Thank you. I don't know why I havent noticed it.
02/22/16, 06:39 PM   #12
prasoc

RMB/LMB zoom out is a really good idea, so it will be in the newest version of BUI along with the completed inventory improvements
Thanks for your input here!
prasoc
02/23/16, 03:26 AM   #13
Mrtoobyy
No problem mate. I'm so happy that you you're doing what you doing. Can't wait for the next update.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Console/gamepad UI