04/24/14, 06:48 PM   #1
StealthStalker
Transparent stat window to be displayed at all times.

In DAoC I had a stat window I could place somewhere on the screen that simply displayed my stats at all times. Was a quick way to see just how I'm being affected by buffs/debuffs and also just a quick casual glance at current stats without having to open the UI.

I did a quick casual search for something that did this but came up empty handed. Anyone know of an addon or might be able to whip something up?

Not at home now, but I'll post a screenshot of the way it looked on my DAOC UI soon for reference.
04/24/14, 08:13 PM   #2
Nameious
Have you checked out this? Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7...ffDisplay.html
04/24/14, 09:37 PM   #3
StealthStalker
Thanks, but not quite what I'm looking for. I am using FTC now for the unit frames. Now that I'm home I can toss up a screenshot!

Here's my UI from DAOC, you'll see the transparent stat window I'm looking for found in the top left. The rest of it can be ignored, the arrows and boxes are for other information not relevant. Only screenshot I could find at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/Htc8tKV.jpg

I invision a similar transparent window with simple text that just displays your stats from the Character window. Pretty much in that same format already found there. All of it. Magicka, Health, Stamina - the regeneration counterparts, spell resists and armor, etc.
04/24/14, 10:26 PM   #4
Nameious
Ah I see now. You want something like this http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info277-ShowMyStats.html, but obliviously much smaller and less intrusive and transparent that is also always up. Perhaps the author of this addon can work with some of your ideas or someone will pickup the project with lua experience. I really wish I could learn LUA..
04/24/14, 11:00 PM   #5
StealthStalker
Welcome to the club
04/25/14, 05:32 PM   #6
stjobe

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm...

I made (or rather took over and modified) something similar for Warhammer Online a couple of years back:

I can have a look-see if I have the source code lying around somewhere and if it's possible to use that as a starting point for something similar for ESO.
04/25/14, 06:08 PM   #7
StealthStalker
That would be great, and the more compact/minimalistic the better. I would prefer it to be more compact as well, like the DAOC version being more of a rectanglular display than fully vertical. As I like to tuck it away in the top left or sometimes between the chatbox/ability bar.
04/25/14, 06:34 PM   #8
stjobe

Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
That would be great, and the more compact/minimalistic the better. I would prefer it to be more compact as well, like the DAOC version being more of a rectanglular display than fully vertical. As I like to tuck it away in the top left or sometimes between the chatbox/ability bar.
I'm happy to let you know I found the source code for the old WAR addon, and I'll be looking into making a working prototype during the weekend.

As you can see, the original is pretty compact, and unless I misremember there's a toggle somewhere in the code to make the layout spread out more horizontally.

I'll see what I can do.
04/25/14, 07:45 PM   #9
StealthStalker
Thanks, stjobe
04/27/14, 03:13 PM   #10
stjobe

Just wanted to let you know that I didn't quite find the time to make a release-worthy version this weekend; hopefully I can do so during the coming week.
04/27/14, 04:19 PM   #11
StealthStalker
Thanks for the update, take your time. I'll just keep my eye open!
04/30/14, 10:04 AM   #12
stjobe

Just a quick update to say that it's coming along nicely, just a few things to finish off before releasing a first version:

04/30/14, 10:24 AM   #13
StealthStalker
Looks great!
04/30/14, 10:25 AM   #14
ins
Looks sexy.
04/30/14, 03:11 PM   #15
stjobe

Here we go, release 1.0.0: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info397-OmniStats.html.

Enjoy!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Transparent stat window to be displayed at all times.