08/19/15, 06:56 PM   #1
FearStreak
Harvest Map Merger: Mac Tutorial

I believe i have grasped how to install stand alone addons onto the mac version of ESO. However, with the add-on HarvestMap, it allows you to download the .lua file that holds the data of other user. Not only can you see their data on your map, but you can toggle between account data so that if i dont want to see the pings on Garkins data, i can swap to mine. From what i understand this is done by downloading two seperate harvestmerge.lua files and naming them under seperate accounts right?

Either way, despite following the tutorial for importing Garkin's data from both the original and alternative videos, i am unable to get it to work.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZqRHTycn18

http://imgur.com/Z5X8fDn

I tried to follow the steps according to the video above, but what is shown on Windows notepad is different from what i see on textedit for mac. when he goes to copy his account name from his harvestmap.lua file, the set up is exactly the same as garkins harvestmerge.lua. So i opened up my harvestmap.lua and i could not find my account name anywhere.

I guessed, and put "@FEARSTREAK"
which didnt work when i entered /harvestimportmerger into my chat. [yes i did the changes of this while the game was closed, relaunched the game, then typed ^^^]

Also, the video has his addons installed differently then mine. I am able to set up my addons inside their folders with their contents seperate, but he has his files completely mixed. My seperate addons work fine, i can still use skyshards and lorebooks and harvest map fine. However is it possible that because they are in seperate folders that Garkin's .lua file wont register?

I'd perfer only other mac players to respond as most windows players wont understand the problem, or at least dont be insulting as you try to solve a mac problem on a pc.

Last edited by FearStreak : 08/19/15 at 07:03 PM. Reason: url posted wrong
08/19/15, 07:01 PM   #2
FearStreak
If noone does find out how to import data for macs, then ill make a request post for a stand alone addon for material locations on the map [jute, wood, iron ore, ect.]
08/19/15, 09:44 PM   #3
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by FearStreak View Post
If noone does find out how to import data for macs, then ill make a request post for a stand alone addon for material locations on the map [jute, wood, iron ore, ect.]
Get the variables file here. Open your saved variables folder check already existing files to find out what your account name is spelled like. Edit donated file, copy it over existing one in saved variables. Launch the game.
08/20/15, 03:26 PM   #4
FearStreak
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
Get the variables file here. Open your saved variables folder check already existing files to find out what your account name is spelled like. Edit donated file, copy it over existing one in saved variables. Launch the game.
The instructions from that page are exactly like the ones in the video i linked in the question

so do i paste garkins data in /harvestmap.lua under /addons/ where i pasted the original addon?
08/20/15, 03:39 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, you need to alter the SavedVariables of harvestmap, not the addon itsself.

At the directory where you find the /Addons/ you also see a directory called /SavedVariables/

Example directory Windows:
Code:
C:\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live(eu)\SavedVariables
Mac example directory:
Code:
~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live(eu)/SavedVariables
This is how Garkin described it:
How to use this saved variables?
Exit the game
Make backup of your current saved variables:
NA server: "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua"
EU server: "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/liveeu/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua"
Extract saved variable file from archive linked above and replace your saved variables with this file
Open saved varialbes file in text editor (use Notepad or whatever), replace text "@ACCOUNT_NAME" with your actual account name (for example "@Garkin") and save changes.
Run the game and check settings of HarvestMap addon.
In there you should find a file called "HarvestMap.lua", and this is the file where you need to change in line 5 e.g. from
Code:
        ["@ACCOUNT_NAME"] =
to your account name (your login name for TESO).

Last edited by Baertram : 08/20/15 at 03:42 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Harvest Map Merger: Mac Tutorial