new bug in game !

https://www.facebook.com/kage51/vide...49851963477576

sorry for the wind tunnel had my fan on
06/07/15, 10:46 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just in case the video is not explanatory enough here is a short text about the "bug":

The mouse cursor sometimes just gets invisible inside the menus, inventory, map.
This seems to happen if you wrote something into the chat, did a realoadUI, and then you rewrite the text from before by using the "key up" inside the chat text box to get the last chat message again that you have sent.

After resinding it you need to open a menu or the inventory and move the mouse above an item for example. After some time (a few seconds) the mouse cursor seems to disappear.

If you move the mouse the cursor is back again.

We thought this was related to an addon but even without enabling any addon (see the video) it is there.
06/07/15, 01:41 PM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
i thought its AGS addon...

so how to fix?
06/07/15, 01:59 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Currently there is no fix. Maybe ZOs can have a look and see why it happens.
06/08/15, 09:16 AM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Thanks for the heads up. Whenever the chat is opened for input we put the mouse into a mode where it will hide after not moving for a short period. This mode should end when HUD UI (HUD with mouse cursor) hides, when chat input ends, or when the GUI is destroyed (logout or reload UI). It seems like there is a rare case where it's possible to get into the UI without triggering one of these. Baertram, I tried your repro but once I reload the UI I lose my chat history (since the UI is rebuilt) and I cannot select the last chat from the up key menu. Did you have an addon that was maintaining that history?
06/08/15, 09:25 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Whenever the chat is opened for input we put the mouse into a mode where it will hide after not moving for a short period. This mode should end when HUD UI (HUD with mouse cursor) hides, when chat input ends, or when the GUI is destroyed (logout or reload UI). It seems like there is a rare case where it's possible to get into the UI without triggering one of these. Baertram, I tried your repro but once I reload the UI I lose my chat history (since the UI is rebuilt) and I cannot select the last chat from the up key menu. Did you have an addon that was maintaining that history?
And just as I say that I repro it...

I'm investigating it now.
06/08/15, 09:31 AM   #7
Attorneyatlawl
And here I thought I was imagining things... .
06/08/15, 11:00 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
This is now fixed internally.
06/08/15, 01:52 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Cool, thanks for the info.
06/08/15, 07:48 PM   #10
kage
just to be clear i see that it has been fixed. It is when u go to type in chat a message u have stored in your history before you reload the Ui. But the point is moot now that u say its fixed internally. But just to be clear once more The bug happens when the stored message is inserted in chat with the up key. Then the cursor starts to disappear until u reload the UI.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Just in case the video is not explanatory enough here is a short text about the "bug":

The mouse cursor sometimes just gets invisible inside the menus, inventory, map.
This seems to happen if you wrote something into the chat, did a realoadUI, and then you rewrite the text from before by using the "key up" inside the chat text box to get the last chat message again that you have sent.

After resinding it you need to open a menu or the inventory and move the mouse above an item for example. After some time (a few seconds) the mouse cursor seems to disappear.

If you move the mouse the cursor is back again.

We thought this was related to an addon but even without enabling any addon (see the video) it is there.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » new bug in game !