04/27/14, 11:19 AM   #1
StrangerFull
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion not works properly

Tried to use it. Works poorly. Incorrectly identifies the version of my installed addons, some addons can not find, although they are installed, endlessly trying to update the addons, which considers outdated version (due to an incorrect definition version), update coming, but actually nothing happens, other than trying to update the current version of the addon to the same version. New addons does not installs - as missing, and those that are installed, but have not been found - the same infinite installation attempt. Thought for antivirus, the problem is similar to the problem that in some topic describes a person who does not start the game, but not, as with the correct settings, and with disabled Antivirus program does not work the same way, plus everything is constantly re-installation manually removing all remnants of the program finds the folder addons game version NA, not committed defines EU, ie the manager sees no difference between the NA and EU client and by default it think NA, after changing the path for the addons manually I described the problem and begin in the past beta versions of the general manager hung on the boot process by checking previously found them addons, just after the change of their location. It all what I see. Maybe I see not all or some wrong, but problems persists as I describe.

See screenshots, logs (in archive) in attachments. And video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgW-c...ature=youtu.be

Update: As you can see from the video - Minion broke, this time ceased to memorize the selected folder with addons.
Manually set the path to addons in xml file. After this finding was Minion ons in said home location and become such a problem as described above.

My OS - Windows 8.1 Pro x64

PS This post is a copy of my post from the official forum ESO.

Last edited by StrangerFull : 01/25/17 at 11:32 AM.
04/27/14, 11:40 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi StrangerFull,

Lookinh at your minion.xml it looks like you have an old version of the config. Could you try deleting it and restarting Minion to see if that helps with the download updating issue?

Minion is currently having trouble writing to paths that have unicode characters. We are working on a patch that was going to be released last week but found some other problems with it. We hope to get that out soon! We have re-written the game detection for ESO so along with the unicode fix comes detection for EU and even PTS and any future mega server ZeniMax launches.

Right now Minion does a very poor job detecting AddOns it hasn't installed it self. 99% of the AddOns it can't detect is because its finding multiple matches when it queries our database. We have some major improvements coming for that as well, we are just blocked by this unicode bug at the moment. Version detection of an AddOn is some times impossible because the version is not included in the txt by the author so the only way to detect what version is to just re-install the addon.

I want to thank you for your video and screen shots and detailed information on the bugs you see. This will help us a lot!

Last edited by Dolby : 04/27/14 at 12:20 PM.
04/27/14, 03:20 PM   #3
StrangerFull
I performed a clean install of the program. No configuration files before the first run was not. When you first start the program reports that there was a new build and restart requests for updates, although I put the latest version downloaded from your site. Here is the text configuration file after manually editing the path for the addons folder:

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF- 8 " standalone = "no"?>
<configuration>
<user>
<access-token> 8b5f2818a28786b8f7ec778c84ecdc7cc0f654ad </ access-token>
<refresh-token> cc5e9e6990414a92ab738984881a738122ed3f16 </ refresh-token>
<login-id> [email protected] </ login-id>
<ga-user-id> 0be88b06-fd99- 4952 -898c-106e2564662b </ ga-user-id>
</ User>
<build> cff353392d3ca05caacc7f2ae4563017a6a79be5 </ build>
<version> 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT </ version>
<games>
<game addon-path = "C: \ Users \ Stranger \ Documents \ Elder Scrolls Online \ liveeu \ AddOns" auto-update = "true" game-id = "ESO" unique-game-id = "ESO- 1" / >
</ Games>
</ Configuration>

I hope in future versions Minion will work correctly. I'll try to delete the configuration file, but I doubt it will help.
Thank you.
04/27/14, 03:25 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you delete your C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\minion.xml file? The uninstall script does not remove this and it holds the config to Minion. You are using an old version of the minion.xml paths are now utf8->base64. So please use the Minion file browser to enter your game addon directory path. See if that helps any.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/27/14 at 03:32 PM.
04/27/14, 05:00 PM   #5
StrangerFull
Unfortunately, deleting a file has no effect. After starting the program creates a file with the same exact content and change the way through the program itself, it is not saved, only in prescribing manually. About the fact that removal of the program does not delete the file, I know, so I delete all the software from your computer using Geek Uninstaller, which removes residue after removal of the program. Next I look at whether there was a hand that after the program or not.
04/28/14, 08:01 AM   #6
StrangerFull
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Can you delete your C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\minion.xml file? The uninstall script does not remove this and it holds the config to Minion. You are using an old version of the minion.xml paths are now utf8->base64. So please use the Minion file browser to enter your game addon directory path. See if that helps any.
If I manually change minion.xml to the correct values ​​if that helps solve the problem? If this probability is, I'd like to try. Tell me where and what to change.
04/28/14, 04:13 PM   #7
Demonstorm
Bump same problem here

same problem as other posts minion now just endlessly installs stuff that is up to date and does not show all add ons ..thanx in advance
05/12/14, 09:57 AM   #8
StrangerFull
New version 2.0.6 works properly for me. Thanks for fixes
05/13/14, 02:25 AM   #9
tseka
one more place here where Minion (re)installs addons forever. in my case it keeps installing the same 8 out of ~50 addons (yesterday it was only 7 though).

I'm an EU player and don't even have (had) an "...\ESO\live" folder. but with the last patch, Minion started creating it on every launch

reinstalling and/or manually removing the ".minion" folder or "minion.xml" does not fix anything for me.

[EDIT] "Remove Game from Minion" does not work for the extra "live" folder that was created for me.

[EDIT2] now it's 7 addons that get reinstalled again every time I run Minion: Bank Stuffer, Joviex's SAT, BankerShutUp, FishMe, Teleporter v3, Merchants and TreasureMaps. all others (~40 addons) seem to work. uninstalling and reinstalling with Minion makes no difference.

TIA

Last edited by tseka : 05/13/14 at 07:39 AM.
05/13/14, 09:16 AM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi tseka, you'll need to post your minion.xml and minion0.log located in your windows user directory under the .minion folder. C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\

This will help me see what is going on.
05/13/14, 01:56 PM   #11
StrangerFull
Just delete your minion.xml or better folder @.minion" in your /User/YourUsername/ directory. After launching clear minion, logining and detection installed addons just install addons which remains undetected. Minion should works properly after this.

P.S. Before installing undetected addons I recommend you delete addon setting which you want to install for properly addon working. Addon pNames after installing over him works incorrectly, not react on settings and workd always as @UserID, other options not works.
05/13/14, 07:18 PM   #12
tseka
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi tseka, you'll need to post your minion.xml and minion0.log located in your windows user directory under the .minion folder. C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\

This will help me see what is going on.
heya Dolby,
first of all, thanks for a GREAT tool!

I just installed 2.0.7 and deleted the .minion folder first. I still see a new "...\ESO\live" folder being created (I play liveEU) and then shown as a second entry under "my games".

the same 7 addons need an update every time I launch minion: Bank Stuffer, Joviex's SAT, BankerShutUp, FishMe, Teleporter, Merchants and TreasureMaps.

of the 40 other addons I use, Minion forgot about 20 now
(I did install 'em all using Minion)

[EDIT] I tried to follow StrangerFull's instructions above and recover my "lost" addons. I picked the first addon on my list "AI Research Grid" and deleted the addon folder and the savedVariables file. then reinstalled the addon using Minion, stopped Minion, launched the game to make sure the addon works and the savedVariables file gets created again. then I lauched Minion to find out the addon was not on the "Installed" list...

what else can I do???

here the 2 files:
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (840 Bytes, 491 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (71.9 KB, 539 views)

Last edited by tseka : 05/13/14 at 07:32 PM.
05/13/14, 08:03 PM   #13
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Looks like your minion.xml is a little messed up, for some reason you have two of the same game-id's which I think was a bug when 2.0.6 created that file.

Open the minion.xml in notepad and remove the following:

Code:
<game addon-path="QzpcVXNlcnNcY2tcRG9jdW1lbnRzXEVsZGVyIFNjcm9sbHMgT25saW5lXGxpdmVcQWRkT25z" auto-update="false" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
restart Minion and you should be able to install/update. Once you install/update once it shouldnt ask again.

Last edited by Dolby : 05/13/14 at 08:06 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not works properly