07/09/14, 10:51 PM   #1
DgtlFokus

Ignore WoW Addons

Hello,

With the new update, WoW is now supported and is scanned upon load. I currently use other software to handle my WoW addons as the matchings for the addons that are found is slightly buggy (ex. Gladius v3 is found as the original Gladius that has not been updated in 4 years, MoveAnything wants to update from 13.9.8 to 12.2.3 which would be a downgrade, etc) and having an incredibly large amount of addons installed for WoW, I would like to completely ignore the scan for WoW. Currently, I do not see this as an option and it is tracking 49 addons that I have installed for WoW.

If I remove WoW from Minion, the next startup completely rescans the WoW plugin directory, regathers the info for the addons it has found and readds WoW to the list. This greatly increases the load time of Minion while I am trying to check the updates for the addons I use for ESO only. As I have come to rely heavily on Minion for ESO only, I would like to continue to use it strictly for ESO and still utilize my other addon program for WoW.

Is there an option I'm missing with the new update to completely ignore the tracking for WoW addons?
07/09/14, 11:05 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There is a bug with Minion that if there is only 1 detection of a game it won't let you remove it from the game list, it will re-add it when you restart as a new another game. We are working on a fix for this and hope to have a patch soon.

Sorry for the trouble!
07/09/14, 11:13 PM   #3
DgtlFokus

Dolby,

Thank you for the incredibly quick response. Bugs happen and while it's not really trouble, I just need to ensure I'm not half asleep and accidentally have WoW selected before I hit Update All and cause myself a nightmare =)

Hopefully the bug gets squashed quickly and doesn't cause too much of a headache for you guys. Keep up the great work!
07/10/14, 07:55 AM   #4
EQBallzz
I was going to post the same thing! Good to know this is being looked at.
07/10/14, 09:49 AM   #5
Tonyleila

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problem 1:
BigWigs
Its like this in the toc file:
## X-Curse-Packaged-Version: r11772-release
## Version: 4.450

now Minion wants to update it from r11772 to 4.450
But thats the same version x)

Problem 2:
Broker Everything
This addon has 2 addon pages.
One fan update page by hizuro here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...verything.html ---> info18883-Broker_Everything.html

And the original AddOn page by hungtar:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...verything.html ---> info15190-Broker_Everything.html

Of cause Minion wants up update to the outdated version from the AddOn side by Hungtar.

Problem 3:
I tryed to updated the addon Masque_Nefs2 with Minion from version 1.7 to 1.8 WHILE i had the windows folder open at the same time (\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Masque_Nefs2)
Minion closed the windows folder automatic and then updatebar of Minion stucked at 99%.
Now the Masque_Nefs2 folder is empty and there is the unziped download inside my AddOn Folder.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 07/10/14 at 10:33 AM.
07/10/14, 10:21 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Also a problem is maybe BigWigs.
Its like this in the toc file:
## X-Curse-Packaged-Version: r11772-release
## Version: 4.450

now Minion wants to update it from r11772 to 4.450
But thats the same version x)
Thanks I'll take a look at that. Minion by default will want to update any AddOn it can't easily figure out because during the update process it can then start to keep track and really verify the version that is installed. I'll bring this up to our java programmer though because it should be using the Version and not the X-Curse-Packaged-Version.

Last edited by Dolby : 07/10/14 at 10:50 AM.
07/10/14, 10:32 AM   #7
Tonyleila

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I've read this a couple times and I'm having trouble understanding. I'm sorry.
Edited my post maybe you can read it better now?
07/10/14, 10:47 AM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks Tonyleila, that helped.

Problem 2:
Broker Everything
This addon has 2 addon pages.
One fan update page by hizuro here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...verything.html ---> info18883-Broker_Everything.html

And the original AddOn page by hungtar:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...verything.html ---> info15190-Broker_Everything.html

Of cause Minion wants up update to the outdated version from the AddOn side by Hungtar.
This should now be fixed in the future. Thank you for posting this. I have moved the hungtar version to outdated so Minion won't use it. However since Minion has already cached that relationship in your minion.xml you'll need to manually fix it on your end by uninstalling the AddOn and installing the correct one. Or you could manually edit your minion.xml and removed the cached data for addon id 15190 however that isn't all that easy.

Problem 3:
I tryed to updated the addon Masque_Nefs2 with Minion from version 1.7 to 1.8 WHILE i had the windows folder open at the same time (\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Masque_Nefs2)
Minion closed the windows folder automatic and then updatebar of Minion stucked at 99%.
Now the Masque_Nefs2 folder is empty and there is the unziped download inside my AddOn Folder.
This AddOn installs and updates just fine for me. Could you please post your minion0.log right after this fails again? Can you get it to fail again?

Thanks again for posting these issues!
07/11/14, 04:08 AM   #9
testguys
Hey Dolby,

1.st: Thx for your fantastic work with Minion! I like Minion really veeery much

Some feedback on the latest version of our client. Minion works with my German version of TESO pretty well already. That includes the correct detection of game path & folders (EU).
With the new update Minion also detects purrfect all of my WoW installations (i use some free accounts for stats measurement via Census). Fine. Missing: An option to turn WoW detection off/on. Or at least an option to mute (stop searching for updates). That would speed up things with Minion again.

Cheers
08/24/14, 07:17 AM   #10
Darlgon
Just want to throw out there that Minion searches for WoW on my computer, even tho I have never played WOW. The search actually takes longer than checking the ESO add-ons that I use. Kind of annoying. Need checkmark boxes to control which game it is looking for, but, since it never finds the WoW installation its looking for, I guess that would not help. Otherwise, thanks, because Minion sure saves some time verifying my addons.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Ignore WoW Addons