07/24/23, 10:12 PM   #1
AlmaPerdido
needing help understanding my problem

*I HAVE FOLLOWED TROUBLESHOOTING INSTRUCTIONS*

If I can get get some help with regards to not being able to update addons or download, I would be eternally grateful. I have attached my log and xml files.

I have followed steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, and 13 in the trouble shooting list, I also don't use one drive, so no files in one drive folder apart from one drive related things and still I'm unable to download or update addons.

Not sure if its relevant but this has been an issue since the last patch before Mondays most recent one (24th July).

I am unsure how to check through the log and xml files to see what the issue is so any help would be great. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (679.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (29.5 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by AlmaPerdido : 07/25/23 at 12:50 AM.
07/25/23, 02:42 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi AlmaPerdido,

the log file tells us that something blocks access to the ESOUI files server:
Code:
Connect to cdn.esoui.com:443 [cdn.esoui.com/192.168.4.1] failed: Connection refused: connect
Either your firewall or any anti malware or other tools, or your ISP somehow blocks it.
The most recent thread here shows an example where the user found out how to resolve it with his router "eero":
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showpos...67&postcount=7

So please test in your browser the URL cdn.esoui.com (it should show you the ESOUI website then. If not, it's blocked somewhere)
and then have a look at your router configuration portal/app.
Maybe it blocks that URL cdn.esoui.com too and you need to unblock it there.

Or your ISP is blocking it and you need to contact them.
07/25/23, 03:28 AM   #3
AlmaPerdido
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The most recent thread here shows an example where the user found out how to resolve it with his router "eero":
I did have a look at this thread but I didn't think much of at initially as I thought it may have been something internal on my PC, but after following the URL you have provided, I too got the same page as this other person. I live in New Zealand and this "eero" is something new to me, as well as not being the contract holder with our ISP so I will have to talk to my landlords I rent from about this and see if they can't help me out.

Thank you a bunch and I appreciate you taking the time to sift through the logs to help me out!

Last edited by AlmaPerdido : 07/25/23 at 03:33 AM.
07/25/23, 03:48 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think eero is just an example here as it's the router's "brand" or something like that. The other user used that. He was able to see it got an software update and he needed to configure the website of cdn.esoui.com as allowed again in his router app/page.

So your router's brand and company will/maybe different. Just the connection issue happens maybe because of the router blocking that website all of sudden, or your ISP does (sometimes one gets assigned an IP address by the ISP which was used for malicious tasks by others in the past and you now got blocked "by accident" due to that fact. Restarting the router may help then IF you will get a new IP address assigned then -> quite usual in Europe as you get the same ip only for like 24h, but unusual in US and maybe NZ, as you often have a fixed ip address -> And if this is blocked somewhere, well, ISP needs to fix it then to provide you a new IP).

Last edited by Baertram : 07/26/23 at 04:33 AM.
07/26/23, 12:24 AM   #5
AlmaPerdido
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I think eero is just an example here as it's the router's "brand" or something like that.
yeah looking into it, its a new router with its own integrated wifi extender so it can cover more range without having to buy 3rd party ones. its not a bad idea to be honest. but yeah it was just a matter of jumping on their app like the other guy and add the website to the white list. not sure what the recent update was about that blocked it, but it turned out to be an easy fix, once i knew what the actual problem was.

Thanks again for sifting through the logs. one day ill teach myself how to read them and what to look out for haha

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » needing help understanding my problem