02/25/22, 07:50 AM   #1
twimic
QuickMapNav

Hi, new to ESO but played EverQuest many years ago. I have installed numerous addons and have them working. I have installed QuickMapNav but I do not see a way to use it in the game. Is there a keyboard toggle?

Thanks,
02/25/22, 09:12 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi and welcome.

There exist sticky posts which answer often issued questions like yours already and describe what you should ask where.

Please read BEFORE asking addon&library questions/post bugs/want to remove your addon
-> If you have a specific addon related question or bug report

Means:
Please ask addon related questions in the addon comments, and read the addon's description page as it should tell you how it works.

At the top right side of this website you'll find the addon search. Enter the name there and you'll get to the addon's description page:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ickMapNav.html

btw:
Most addons rely on a settings menu (called LibAddonMenu) which you are able to see if you press the ESC key ingame, and navigate to the addon settings menu at the left side.
There you'll be able to configure the addons which use this settings library LibAddonMenu.

If there are keybindings available you'll find them at ESC -> controls

For that particular addon QuickMapNav it should automatically show you the surrounding map names if you open the map.
Maybe it only works within keyboard / gamepad mode. You need to check the addon description for that as keyboard orgamepad mode often are quite different and not each addon supports both, most only support keyboard mode.

If the map names do not show it most probably is a setting you need to enable at the settings menu.
Edit:
The addon descriptions tells you some settings are off by default so you need to enable it

Last edited by Baertram : 02/25/22 at 09:17 AM.
02/25/22, 12:28 PM   #3
Masteroshi430

It's highly possible that the addon is deactivated due to the LibAddonMenu library missing.
Otherwise it should work out of the box with both keyboard / gamepad mode (but I've never tested gamepad mode to be honest).

EDIT:
It could possibly be a bad install straight from Minion.

Last edited by Masteroshi430 : 02/25/22 at 12:33 PM.
02/25/22, 12:32 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ah okay, then please read this twimic as addons rely on "dependencies" which you need to install in order to make the addons load:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149
-> Dependencies (e.g. libraries) of AddOns

You are able to install the addons and libraries via the addon manager "Minion" (https://www.minion.gg/) or manually (downlpad the libraries/dependencies like normal addons and install them to your live/AddOns folder the same way).
02/25/22, 12:58 PM   #5
twimic
I have the dependencies downloaded as well. I use minimap addon no issues, and the quest history journal. I just can't see why I can't use/see this map addon. It states it's active. The only difference I can see on my addon page is that it is orange instead of white.
02/25/22, 01:23 PM   #6
twimic
Ok, operator head space. It works, I just never clicked on the names around the map, which of course then take you to the next map. WOW, I feel DUMB!
Sorry
02/25/22, 01:45 PM   #7
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by twimic View Post
Ok, operator head space. It works, I just never clicked on the names around the map, which of course then take you to the next map. WOW, I feel DUMB!
Sorry
The names on the map are precisely what this addon does, glad you have it working, now enjoy!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » QuickMapNav