07/24/22, 02:16 PM   #1
savy15012
Question Magic Sorter Needs some love!

Hello! It appears that the creator of the addon Magic Sorter ( https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...utomation.html ) is not continuing support of their addon. I have reached out to them both here and in game over a week ago and received no response.

The addon's UI for moving categories is no longer functional. For those who still have their saved variables they can at least keep using it that way so long as they don't want to change anything. I unfortunately cleared ALL saved variables in an attempt to fix it myself.

I have asked in the comments here on ESOUI and on reddit for help, but have yet to find a solution.

Any assistance in getting this awesome addon back on track is greatly appreciated!
07/24/22, 02:31 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

before posting please read
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9885
-> "If you request an addon fix/update/revive"

Give the addon dev more time to respond please before posting here at the AddOn help section.
1 week is nothing as the dev may be on vacations etc.
Even if the addon was last updated 2019 the dev may read his private messages or have the email notification enabled so write a PM and wait please.

If High isle broke it and you cannot drag controls anymore it may have to do with the DrawLayer / Level changes that ZOs did.

Edit:
Yeah, it was the tier/layer/level thing that was messed up.
Got it working again after adding the missing data to like 120 controls on the dialog.xml .... pfffffffff
Will fix the house names to strip the ^N suffix too if possible and provide the fixed version at the addon comments then.
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Last edited by Baertram : 07/24/22 at 05:45 PM.
07/24/22, 04:52 PM   #3
savy15012
Sorry I should have clarified that yes it has been broken since High Isle, I commented on it over a month ago, and then a week ago I direct messaged them.

The forum post you mentioned showed to wait 1 week before posting here.

Is that no longer the suggested timeframe? I am sorry I thought I was following the guidelines.
07/24/22, 05:42 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are right, there are 2 topics in that post, which I see now was confusing.
The upper one with 1 week waiting time relates to currently maintained addons only (I've added that as an info) where the dev is still around/active.
But even then 1 week is not appropriate anymore and I've changed that now.

The lower topic "If you request an addon fix/update/revive" was matching your case here and asks to wait for 2-4 weeks before posting here.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/24/22 at 05:45 PM.
07/25/22, 06:48 AM   #5
savy15012
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! It is back working!

So happy to have this addon back! I was actually looking at giving up doing housing due to not being able to easily sort my massive collection of furnishings! This addons is a godsend for that!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Magic Sorter Needs some love!