04/29/19, 02:08 PM   #21
Lucifer66
OK, well I don't see an option to change to Latin characters anyways, so perhaps if that is necessary then you might need to provide a tutorial. However, I have had no problems with other programs like Nexus Addon Manager needing this done.

Also, Minion did work for me for like a week or so then stopped working. So I'm not entirely sure the whole Latin characters is the problem.
04/29/19, 04:26 PM   #22
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Option to change to latin characters = Rename your username in windows control panel to a name only using latin characters.
If you got a name which does NOT contain ONLY latin chars it will fail. If it worked before you were lucky it did.

Edit, after reading your comments above and getting a bit angry about your nonsense answers about malware or whatever...
If you feel the software provided for free here is not the stuff you'd liek to use: Choose another one.
If you feel ppl ar enot heloing you here: Try to use other words and stop blaming them for their ideas.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/29/19 at 04:30 PM.
04/29/19, 04:51 PM   #23
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Lucifer66,

I believe it's a bug with the java runtime environment we are using or just something we are doing wrong when using the java_home variable in Minion. I would say most people are able to deal with it so it hasn't been given much priority. Hopefully it will be fixed the next time we upgrade the included JRE. As for the timeline on when that will happen, not sure.

Basically we are just saying Minion can't support langues with chinese, cyrillic, hebrew and emjoi at this time.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/29/19 at 04:53 PM.
05/04/19, 10:23 AM   #24
LaRIC
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi Lucifer66,

I believe it's a bug with the java runtime environment we are using or just something we are doing wrong when using the java_home variable in Minion. I would say most people are able to deal with it so it hasn't been given much priority. Hopefully it will be fixed the next time we upgrade the included JRE. As for the timeline on when that will happen, not sure.

Basically we are just saying Minion can't support langues with chinese, cyrillic, hebrew and emjoi at this time.
Wouldn't it be a workaround to install the jar version with an up to date jre?
05/05/19, 03:43 AM   #25
k1crawford
I am getting the same issues as described by many here
-Doesn't load
-Shows in Task Manager
-Changing Minion Versions 64bit/32bit,
-Uninstalling Java, Updating java
-Running as Administrator
-Changing program compatibility
and probably a couple of other things i've done but yeah, none of it is working. I think this new update from Java on the 16th April has caused issues. it just stopped working.

this is the only minion logs i could find

INFO 2019-05-05 18:53:06,704 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...
INFO 2019-05-05 18:54:29,095 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...
INFO 2019-05-05 18:55:04,586 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...
INFO 2019-05-05 18:55:25,363 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...

I don't know if there's some options to choose in the setup of Java's control panel...shouldn't have to anyway but yeah. This program has just suddenly stopped.
05/11/19, 03:11 AM   #26
k1crawford
There must be an issue with the latest java update and people using Windows 7?
either way, i have tried all sorts of avenues including making a .bat file as the following

java -jar C:\Users\<Username of the PC>\AppData\Local\Minion\app\Minion-jfx.jar

and even that just hangs trying to launch it.

can we please have an idea as to a possible time frame as to when we may possibly get a fix?
this app is beautiful and not being able to update my 20+ addons by using Minion for the past month has started
to become somewhat........frustrating.
05/20/19, 08:12 PM   #27
k1crawford
Any update as to what is going on in regards to this Thread topic? please?

Last edited by k1crawford : 05/24/19 at 08:21 AM.
08/08/19, 08:11 PM   #28
Jamz
Any update

An update would be very nice. Minion wont work for me either nowadays. Was going to check out the updates in ESO, but since Minion wont run its a no go. Its been months, could we please get an update as to whats going on with Minion?
08/09/19, 03:18 AM   #29
LaRIC
Premium Member
Premium Member
try to use with a standalone java version. It works perfectly for me then.
08/12/19, 06:57 AM   #30
Jamz
Originally Posted by LaRIC View Post
try to use with a standalone java version. It works perfectly for me then.
Can you elaborate on how to do this? I tried the notepad thing, but it still does the same. Says its running in task manager, but never pops up.
08/12/19, 07:07 AM   #31
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If it's running in the task manager and does not open you might check the Minion.log file with a text editor:
Either there is an addon name in there which is tried to be laoded but it cannot.
Delete your Minion.xml file then and remoev the addon and manually instal lit in your AddOns directory.

Or your antivirus, firewall is blocking the Minion server. Allow Minion to contact the servers by whitelisting it in your antiivirus/firewall.
Run Minion in 32bit mode and with priviledged rights (as administrator).
08/18/19, 12:13 PM   #32
Sensei_Q
I have not been able to run Minion for the last day and a half. Tried the following:

- Uninstall and reinstall Minion 32 bit (not 64), run as administrator
- Allow Minion through antivirus

Periodically I was able to get it to come up, it just would state it had no network connection. Now it is just refusing to come up at all.

These are my log files since the last install. Can anyone help me figure out what resolution I need to pursue?

minion.log

minion.xml
08/18/19, 12:43 PM   #33
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Your log says the same with the network:
Code:
 Ping Status for http://api.mmoui.com/: 200
And then no answer.

If the network is saying you there is no connection you might be using a proxy server.
Check if this is the case and disable it for Monion.
Or maybe you got malware installed which ernabled a proxy without your knowledge. There we users telling us this in the past!
Scan your PC with an anti-malware program like Spybot search and destroy 2, AdwCleaner, trojan remover, ...
08/18/19, 12:48 PM   #34
Sensei_Q
HMMM

I switched my computer to wifi and suddenly, it works. I'm thinking this must be linked to that IP version issue and something must have changed recently with how my modem is handling ethernet connections.

Appreciate the speedy response anyhow.
08/18/19, 01:34 PM   #35
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Glad it works with WIFI at least now. Maybe restart the modem and check if it is only using ipv6 now.
Ther was some Minion post about changing or disallowing ipv6 in the java version used in Minion somwhere in these forums. Maybe this helps at your connection as well. Will try to find the post.
08/18/19, 02:19 PM   #36
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try this with the eternet cable connection enabled:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...ht=minion+ipv6
08/18/19, 02:37 PM   #37
Sensei_Q
For whatever reason, I tested it over ethernet without doing any further troubleshooting and it now works again. Minor mystery that maybe I will look into later - I have that other thread bookmarked in case this comes up again.

Thanks!
08/22/19, 08:15 PM   #38
Jamz
Have tried everything listed and then some. Still wont load. The only thing the log says is

INFO 2019-08-23 10:12:36,941 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...
08/23/19, 02:51 AM   #39
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This error message normally appears if you got one of the following problem:
-Minion is used with 64 bit -> Use 32bit client
-Minion is not started in priviledged mode/admin mode -> Strat it in admin mode
-Your windows username contains non-latin characters (russian, arabic, ...)
-Your windows antivirus or firewall blocks minion's access to the users folder (e.g. c:\users) or network connection -> Whitelist/Allow the minion application

If this all does not help try to close Minion, delete the file Minion.xml and then start Minion in admin mode and try if this helps.
08/25/19, 08:11 AM   #40
Jamz
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This error message normally appears if you got one of the following problem:
-Minion is used with 64 bit -> Use 32bit client
-Minion is not started in priviledged mode/admin mode -> Strat it in admin mode
-Your windows username contains non-latin characters (russian, arabic, ...)
-Your windows antivirus or firewall blocks minion's access to the users folder (e.g. c:\users) or network connection -> Whitelist/Allow the minion application

If this all does not help try to close Minion, delete the file Minion.xml and then start Minion in admin mode and try if this helps.
Have tried all the suggested with both 64 and 32 bit versions. Its not blocked by anti virus or firewall. Wont work. Im at a loss of what to try next.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion won't start