03/16/15, 07:44 AM   #1
dominoid
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[REQ] Justice System Collection Add-on

Anyone interested in either creating or helping me create an add-on to track items stolen in the Justice System similar to Eidetic Memory for books?

I have a list of all 2250+ items with item codes that can be stolen! That I believe would have been the hardest part.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I think the hardest part after this is creating a GUI to show what you have "harvested" and what you have left.

I also don't know how to find the rarity of these items, although that could be an addition to come later.

TIA - Dominoid
03/16/15, 07:48 AM   #2
dominoid
The integration of AutoInvite into the game's Group Menu system is brilliant. I would really love to make the integration of this as "tight" into the Journal section of the UI.
03/16/15, 09:52 AM   #3
Ayantir

Why not, should not be too hard to do.

But I cannot swear I won't add fun achievements
03/16/15, 11:29 AM   #4
dominoid
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Why not, should not be too hard to do.

But I cannot swear I won't add fun achievements
How do we go about starting this glorious project?
03/16/15, 03:38 PM   #5
Randactyl
Making an integrated tab like AutoInvite's isn't terribly difficult. What I am bad at is actually constructing a usable UI from nothing.

I'd love to help with this project. If someone can take care of the UI I could sit in the background and plug things into it. Above all, though, I'd just like to see this idea fleshed out

I'm at work now, but I can start on stuff in a few hours.
03/16/15, 05:24 PM   #6
dominoid
This is what Ayantir mocked up:

I have volunteered to do the "data.lua" which will contain all the item codes, names, descriptions, etc that will need to referenced and categorized.
03/17/15, 01:03 AM   #7
Sasky
Sounds nice. If you pay attention when designing it, you could even open it up as a library/framework for easily adding other achievements.

If you want to have it look like a native tab, take a look at ui/autoinvitescene.lua within there. Everything except for the menu fragments is contained in that file. (Each menu fragment is in a separate file under the ui folder)
  1. Create the fragments you want
  2. Create the scene
  3. Add fragments to the scene. Most of these are to match the look of other group tabs -- just look at SDK/source code for reference of what fragments are used
  4. Put the icon data in the menuBarIconData for the appropriate group
  5. Register the tab (couple different places)
Also, I'd be glad to help if you need a bit more info there.

PS: That file highlights some laziness in there... hardcoding the tab index both for mine and the sceneGroupInfo. Funny how long short-term hacks stick around. Have to clean that up so someone else could add to group tab without conflict.
03/17/15, 03:18 AM   #8
Randactyl
Thanks, Sasky. I've looked to AutoInvite a couple times now for pointers on adding to a default scene group. Actually just started one the other day which adds into the journal group (without that hard-coded position ).

I didn't get a chance to do anything with this request tonight. Got too excited with all the new things in the game! I'll wait to see if Ayantir starts anything tomorrow since it looks like an idea is already taking shape. In the meantime, here's an example of adding a scene to the Journal scene group (it's really just a revised version Sasky's AutoInvite code):

Lua Code:
  1. Packrat = Packrat or {}
  2. Packrat.PackratUI = Packrat.PackratUI or {}
  4. function Packrat.PackratUI.Initialize()
  5.     PACKRAT_SCENE = ZO_Scene:New("packrat", SCENE_MANAGER)
  6.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragmentGroup(FRAGMENT_GROUP.MOUSE_DRIVEN_UI_WINDOW)
  7.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragmentGroup(FRAGMENT_GROUP.FRAME_TARGET_STANDARD_RIGHT_PANEL)
  8.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragment(RIGHT_BG_FRAGMENT)
  10.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragment(TITLE_FRAGMENT)
  12.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragment(PLAYER_PROGRESS_BAR_FRAGMENT)
  13.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragment(PLAYER_PROGRESS_BAR_CURRENT_FRAGMENT)
  15.     local pos = #MAIN_MENU.sceneGroupInfo.journalSceneGroup.menuBarIconData + 1
  16.     MAIN_MENU.sceneGroupInfo.journalSceneGroup.menuBarIconData[pos] = {
  17.         categoryName = "Packrat", --actually need to add this string to SI_
  18.         descriptor = "packrat",
  19.         normal = "EsoUI/Art/Campaign/campaign_tabIcon_summary_up.dds", --change to more relevant icon
  20.         pressed = "EsoUI/Art/Campaign/campaign_tabIcon_summary_down.dds",
  21.         highlight = "EsoUI/Art/Campaign/campaign_tabIcon_summary_over.dds",
  22.     }
  24.     SCENE_MANAGER:GetSceneGroup("journalSceneGroup").scenes[pos] = "packrat"
  25.     PACKRAT_SCENE:AddFragment(ZO_FadeSceneFragment:New(MAIN_MENU.sceneGroupBar))
  27.     MAIN_MENU:AddRawScene("packrat", 6, MAIN_MENU.categoryInfo[6], "journalSceneGroup")
  28. end

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [REQ] Justice System Collection Add-on