Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06/12/20, 03:49 PM   #1
QuantumPie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Struggling to understand inherritence

I'm currently trying to develop an addon that tracks cool-downs of abilities on your bar. I have the main window made with two controls representing the front and back bar. Each of the two controls representing a bar will have 5 children containing the ability texture and a label overlapping. Instead of duplicating that layout 5 times I figured I could use inheritance but I don't quite understand how it works.

Currently my virtual control is (missing the label for now):
Lua Code:
  1. <Control name="BarTracker_Slot" virtual="true">
  2.     <Dimensions x="50" y="50"/>
  3.     <Controls>
  4.         <Texture name="$(parent)Tex">
  5.             <Anchor point="CENTER" relativePoint="CENTER"/>
  6.         </Texture>
  7.     </Controls>
  8. </Control>

And my top level is:
Lua Code:
  1. <TopLevelControl name="BarTrackerWindow">
  2.     <Controls>
  3.         <Backdrop name="$(parent)BG" alpha="1" centerColor="40000000" edgeColor="60000000" clampedToScreen="true" movable="true" mouseEnabled="true">
  4.             <Anchor point="TOPLEFT" relativeTo="$(parent)" relativePoint="CENTER" offsetX="0" offsetY="0"/>
  5.             <Dimensions x="250" y="100"/>
  6.             <Edge edgeSize="1"/>
  7.             <OnMouseEnter>WINDOW_MANAGER:SetMouseCursor(12);</OnMouseEnter>
  8.             <OnMouseExit>WINDOW_MANAGER:SetMouseCursor(0);</OnMouseExit>
  9.             <OnMoveStop>BarTracker.savePosition()</OnMoveStop>
  10.         </Backdrop>
  11.         <Control name="$(parent)Front">
  12.             <Anchor point="TOPLEFT" relativePoint="TOPLEFT" relativeTo="$(parent)BG"/>
  13.             <Dimensions x="250" y="50"/>
  14.         </Control>
  15.         <Control name="$(parent)Back">
  16.             <Anchor point="TOPLEFT" relativePoint="TOPLEFT" relativeTo="$(parent)Front"/>
  17.             <Dimensions x="250" y="50"/>
  18.         </Control>
  19. </TopLevelControl>

So how would I use the virtual in a loop to add it to the Front and Back control? I've been looking through CMX's code to try and figure it out but there is a lot and I can't figure out where they actually add the virtuals.

The other thing throwing me off is how would I reference it? The components all have their own name so the texture is "BarTracker_SlotTex". But how would I differentiate it while generating the virtual components since there will be 10 in total?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Struggling to understand inherritence