07/13/21, 04:04 PM   #1
opel65
Help with error message that pops up with startup.

Could someone help me out? I'm getting this error message every times I start my game.

Code:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:797: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:797: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_AddDataType'
|caaaaaa<Locals> typeId = 998, templateName = "AC_InventoryItemRowHeader", height = 52, setupCallback = user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory_Hooks.lua:45, hideCallback = EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:75, resetControlCallback = EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:276 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory_Hooks.lua:78: in function 'AutoCategory.HookKeyboardMode'
|caaaaaa<Locals> AC_Setup_InventoryRowWithHeader = user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory_Hooks.lua:45, rowHeight = 52 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory.lua:243: in function 'AutoCategory.LazyInit'
|caaaaaa<Locals> isTableEmpty = user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory.lua:213 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory.lua:260: in function 'AutoCategory.Initialize'
|caaaaaa<Locals> event = 65536, addon = "AutoCategory" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory.lua:283: in function '(anonymous)'
07/13/21, 05:08 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addon name is clearly visible like 20 times in that error message? Just check if your Auto Category addon needs an update or if any fixed version is given.
Check the addon comments of the addon named in the error message and update all your dependencies/libraries!
07/13/21, 06:06 PM   #3
Sharlikran

opel65, for questions like these contact the author. I'm not against people looking for help but for mods other authors can not upload a fix even if they knew what it was. It's like at work when you don't follow the proper escalation path.

As for advice on how to tell, the error has the name of the mod but I want to point out two things

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:797: attempt to index a nil value
That line starts with EsoUI so that means the author of a mod did something wrong, but it does not say which mod so you can't tell from that.

user:/AddOns/AutoCategory/AutoCategory.lua:243: in function 'AutoCategory.LazyInit'
That line starts with user and then AddOns, so that line is better because now you can get the name of the mod.

Make sure you are using the latest version and if you uninstall and reinstall and have the same error then let the author know.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...y-Revised.html
07/14/21, 04:22 PM   #4
Shadowfen
You are using either the original AutoCategory addon or you have not updated AutoCategory - Revised in a seriously long time. The current version of AutoCategory - Revised does not have a AutoCategory_Hooks.lua file. You need to upgrade/install the latest AutoCategory - Revised.
07/15/21, 05:27 AM   #5
opel65
hey thanks for the replies. I did get rid of my old auto category and installed the new one.
Now my inventory is all bugged out, im not getting any error messages. I tried reinstalling.

https://imgur.com/a/lfVUtqw

EDIT: it was inventory grid view that wasnt supported. Switched to Grid View and voila.

Last edited by opel65 : 07/15/21 at 06:27 AM.
07/15/21, 07:44 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by opel65 View Post
EDIT: it was inventory grid view that wasnt supported. Switched to Grid View and voila.
From your screenshot I would have guessed that at first too Glad you found the "replacement" Grid List already.
07/15/21, 11:45 AM   #7
opel65
I would like to take the opportunity not creating a new thread and ask about this bug that also is pretty annoying. Have no idea what is causing it. All player chat is "%s"

https://imgur.com/a/GY08anK
07/15/21, 01:55 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Most probably any old lib in a subfolder of your addons.
You should check ALL of your addons for subfolders like "lib" or "libs" and remove the libraries in there.
Download the libs once then from www.esoui.com or using Minion addon manager, and install them to the live/AddOns folder directly.
This asures you got the newst version of the libs and Minion would be able to keep them updated easily for you.

All "libs" in subfolders are msot likely old, or can be replaced by these standalone (non-embedded) installations.
The %s stuff most likely happens because of any libChat (watch the non-capital l of the library name!) or libGarfield.
libCha, libChat1 libChat2 libChat3 and so on + libGarfield are not supported any longer. Delete them in total please and just use alternative libs. The updated addons tell you what dependencies are needed, e.g. LibchatMessage.

If any addon depends on the old libChatx libraries (the old ones): You need to find an replacement of the addon and deinstall that addon in total.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Help with error message that pops up with startup.