04/30/14, 08:49 PM   #1
Saftsuse

Can someone please help me with my alphabet?

Im living in Europe, and playing on the European server, but that doesnt mean they have added support for all the letters in the alphabet we got in my country, Norway.

We have 3 extra letters after the normal A-Z, they are Æ - Ø - Å

For some reason the letter Æ is supported, but not the last two, Ø and Å. We are 300 aktive players in my guild, and it gets really tedious and tiresome to continously replace those two letters with something else. I have seen a Russian addon that adds support for their alphabet, which leads me to think that it should be possible for Norwegian (Danish) too.

Potentially thats ALOT of users taht would make the creator of such an addon their hero!

I have looked at their addon, and the font looks like it has all the letters we need, except Æ which is replaced by a Russian letter that looks like an X with a | through it. If that one could be replaced with Æ, I would have a great fundament for Æ Ø and Å, it would only remain to change the name and some lua code as far as I can understand.

Please help, I looked at the Russian site, but I dont understand much of it.

Last edited by Saftsuse : 04/30/14 at 08:55 PM.
04/30/14, 11:45 PM   #2
mra4nii
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

The addon you mentioned add support only for reading of russian characters.
To actually write in russian there is a wrapper, a software you need to run in same time with the game.
Modifying the font is not enough. I've tried with some norvegian and system fonts, by replacing the ones from addon with no luck.
05/01/14, 12:02 AM   #3
Saftsuse

I dont understand why they would release a game in Europe, and not support the different written languages.

Thanks though for your answer

Back to sending the daily feedback report, there I can write Ø and Å!
05/01/14, 05:59 PM   #4
Iyanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Saftsuse View Post
I dont understand why they would release a game in Europe, and not support the different written languages.

Well...you bought the game, didn't you? There is your answer.

If you feel better, even the localization of the "supported languages" within the UI is terrible.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Can someone please help me with my alphabet?