03/31/14, 04:16 PM   #1
Semel1982
[Request] Smart Auto-Loot Addon

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could develop a smart auto-loot addon.

What do I mean by that? The game has an option in settings called auto-loot. Essentially it means that you loot every single item/resource you find. Is it possible to create advanced auto-loot addon that would allow us to auto-loot only certain types of items ignoring all other (enable/disable this in addon settings). For instance,

-loot only provisioning resources
-loot only alchemy resources
-loot only green/blue items or only light/heavy or any other available option

Maybe it could be done by picking up everything but autodestroying everything that doesn't not meet the requirements, I dunno how the API works.

etc

You get the idea.

Thanx in advance

Last edited by Semel1982 : 03/31/14 at 04:18 PM.
04/01/14, 04:53 AM   #2
ToxicCosmos

I, too, would love to see this.
04/01/14, 05:44 AM   #3
Tajin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeh, that should be doable.

I could imagine something that uses autolearning. So that maybe if you hold a certain key while looting an item, the addon will remember that item and autoloot this kind of item from now on.

That would keep it rather simple to use.
04/01/14, 09:39 AM   #4
Vuelhering
I'm very, very wary to write or use an addon that can destroy items. Last thing we need is an update causing issues and destroying the wrong items.

You might be able to "selectively" loot, by turning off autoloot and it'll automatically open a pack, loot everything not considered "junk", and then close the pack.

I just now wrote an addon that keeps track of "junk" items. It will automatically mark items as junk if you've marked it in the past, even after you sell the items.

I'm still testing it and setting up the saved variables, but it looks like it's working so far. Considering it's been about 3 years since I've last coded anything, that is a good sign. It's not uploaded yet.
04/02/14, 02:40 AM   #5
Tajin

Same here, I wouldn't trust an addon with deleting stuff.

I think it would suffice if the addon autoloots the stuff that it knows you're going to loot anyway. It could then check if any loot remains.
If the remaining loot is all junk, it closes the window. Otherwise it leaves the window open so you can decide what else you want to loot.

So it's a combination of your "junklist" and the "autoloot list". I guess that could work pretty well.
04/02/14, 03:53 PM   #6
Semel1982
It looks like there is a new addon that does exactly that.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=103#info

it is a bit buggy atm , after all it's the first version, but I'll certainly test it and keep an eye on it.
04/03/14, 06:19 AM   #7
Vuelhering
Hah, that's cool. I'm testing mine right now, which is an autojunker. It will mark certain things as junk, and will remember it so you never have to remark those foul hides again.
04/11/14, 02:46 AM   #8
ToxicCosmos

Loot Filter is nice when you want to keep everything but a certain type of item. I'm currently using it and it's indeed very helpful. But I'd also like to see something a bit more specialized(?) than that.

For me, when I'm looting crates/sacks/barrels, I'm looking for a few select ingredients. Everything else just takes up space. The simplest thing would be to turn off auto-loot, sure, but I also harvest a lot of ore and plants, which can become tedious without auto-loot imo. So right now I leave auto-loot on and just have to delete the stuff I don't want/need when my bag fills up.

I'd like to see an addon where I can be general (all ore/plants) and specific (only these items from crates/etc) at the same time. Of course I've no idea if that's possible or reasonable, but just wanted to throw it out there.
04/11/14, 12:48 PM   #9
Iyanga
Originally Posted by Semel1982 View Post
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could develop a smart auto-loot addon.

What do I mean by that? The game has an option in settings called auto-loot. Essentially it means that you loot every single item/resource you find. Is it possible to create advanced auto-loot addon that would allow us to auto-loot only certain types of items ignoring all other (enable/disable this in addon settings).

How smart can it be though?

I'm very, very, very sure you would want the epic weapon in the crate, even if you set it to alchemy ingredients only.

My Lootlog addon auto-marks junk as junk currently, so you don't need to. And you can either delete or sell junk with a single keypress in the default UI anyway. I could imagine to enhance it so it marks more stuff than junk as junk. This has the benefit that you will pick every item up and nobody can steal your rare stuff for auto-closing the loot window and when your backpack is full you just scroll a second through the junk list and verify that you really have no use for all the crap and hit the appropriate button.

Would this be sufficient?
04/12/14, 11:01 AM   #10
ins
Originally Posted by ToxicCosmos View Post
Loot Filter is nice when you want to keep everything but a certain type of item. I'm currently using it and it's indeed very helpful. But I'd also like to see something a bit more specialized(?) than that.

For me, when I'm looting crates/sacks/barrels, I'm looking for a few select ingredients. Everything else just takes up space. The simplest thing would be to turn off auto-loot, sure, but I also harvest a lot of ore and plants, which can become tedious without auto-loot imo. So right now I leave auto-loot on and just have to delete the stuff I don't want/need when my bag fills up.

I'd like to see an addon where I can be general (all ore/plants) and specific (only these items from crates/etc) at the same time. Of course I've no idea if that's possible or reasonable, but just wanted to throw it out there.
Addons that remember what you want to junk per session, and puts it automatically in junk already exist.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Smart Auto-Loot Addon