04/15/14, 09:05 PM   #41
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by leetas View Post
I am a little disappointed that something as common as the VS runtime redist is the problem here. I had a similar issue, I had to downgrade my redist to the 10.0.30319 version (I was on 10.0.40219 and it was erroring). Hopefully the useful functionality can overcome my momentary inconvenience...

The link provided on page two here fixed it for me.
I am using 10.0.40219 with out issue, maybe just the act of re-installing it fixed it for you? I also have a system with just the 2012 version and all is well too.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/15/14 at 09:08 PM.
04/15/14, 09:17 PM   #42
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lichmeister View Post
by this do you mean something like NoScript for firefox?
No, there's a version of java that is a plugin for your browser instead of (or in addition to) having it installed on your system.
04/15/14, 10:09 PM   #43
lichmeister
sorry about that double post just above. i meant to edit my post with an update but somehow ended up quoting myself!
anyhow after trying and failing with the noscript extension i followed the original link and reinstalled the package.
program works great, found my game and many of the addons and had 3 updates for them already! wootwoot!
04/17/14, 01:32 PM   #44
Lox

Latest update.

Found the .jar files were not associated with Java on my PC (no idea why) and have managed to get Minion up and running by starting it directly from the Minion-jfx.jar file in C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local\Minion\app\ (default location).

Still get the same errors if I start it via the installed shortcut though!
05/02/14, 05:54 AM   #45
Kevandra
I am having the same problem as those have previously. Nothing I do seems to be working and I have tried all the ideas the others have put forward. Here are my computer specs:

Windows 7 w/ SP1
AMD Athlon II Dual core
Nvidia GeForce GT630
12.0 GB RAM
Google Chrome

I have removed Java from my computer, and have re-installed the C++ files from Microsoft. I am starting to think that I'll just use Curse for my add-ons for ESO, regardless of whether or not they are being updated.
05/04/14, 04:33 AM   #46
Lox

Originally Posted by Kevandra View Post
I am having the same problem as those have previously. Nothing I do seems to be working and I have tried all the ideas the others have put forward. Here are my computer specs:

Windows 7 w/ SP1
AMD Athlon II Dual core
Nvidia GeForce GT630
12.0 GB RAM
Google Chrome

I have removed Java from my computer, and have re-installed the C++ files from Microsoft. I am starting to think that I'll just use Curse for my add-ons for ESO, regardless of whether or not they are being updated.
Have you tried running it directly from the Minion-jfx.jar file as detailed in my previous post? Just a thought, I couldn't get it running at all using the .exe but it works fine directly from the .jar file. So I have just created a shortcut directly to that file, job done.
05/23/14, 02:39 PM   #47
Radio2006
Was having the same issue...however,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=14632

Installing the x64 version of 2010 Redistributable 10.0.30319 worked for me...
05/23/14, 02:41 PM   #48
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Radio2006 View Post
Was having the same issue...however,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=14632

Installing the x64 version of 2010 Redistributable 10.0.30319 worked for me...
This thread is just for those that have the jvm.dll error even after installing the file you linked it still doesn't work for them.

The thread you're looking for is this one, since you had the missing MSVCR100.dll error too. The missing MSVCR100.dll error will cause the JVM error but these people don't have the missing MSVCR100.dll error, only the JVM errors. We are still trying to figure out why.

Glad you got it working!

Last edited by Dolby : 05/23/14 at 02:44 PM.
08/02/14, 10:09 PM   #49
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Any one that is till getting ONLY the "Error Loading jvm.dll" error can you try and install the 32bit client? I've been reading about other java applications that have this error and some of them are running 64bit os but some reason java is forcing everything to run 32bit?

If that doesnt work and you have the Java 7 JDK installed on your system run Minion from a terminal window and see if you get any additional errors that will help us track this down.

Java -jar C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local\Minion\app\Minion-jfx.jar

Thanks!

Last edited by Dolby : 08/02/14 at 10:11 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion wont start