05/15/14, 12:50 PM   #1
arkemiffo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Skills without any levels

Hello,

So, my new project was going to be a respec addon, where you are able to save different build to the savedvariables, and when you have skillpoints, apply them.
I managed to work out how to get the skill lines and skills, but there is a big limit on the data received. It's only skills you already spent skillpoints in at some point (except the passive skills, they all show up).

I would like to be able to use the API to get all the possible skills and skill lines, but from what I can see I can't. Does anyone know if it's possible to extract them somehow, or will I be forced to type in them all for all classes and races?

Any help highly appreciated.
05/15/14, 01:22 PM   #2
Shinni
Lua Code:
  1. for type=1 ,GetNumSkillTypes() do
  2.  for line=1, GetNumSkillLines(type) do
  3.   for skill=1, GetNumSkillAbilities(type, line) do
  4.    local _, _, _, _, _, purchased, progressionIndex = GetSkillAbilityInfo( skillType, skillLine, skillIndex )
  5.    if purchased then
  6.     -- spent skill points for skill: { type, line, skill }
  7.     if progressionIndex then --not a passive
  8.      local _, morph = GetAbilityProgressionInfo( progressionIndex )
  9.      if morph > 0 then
  10.       --2 skill points spent, because it's morphed
  11.      else
  12.       -- 1 skill point spent, because it isn't morphed yet
  13.      end
  14.     else
  15.      -- passive,
  16.      GetSkillAbilityUpgradeInfo( skillType, skillLine, skillIndex ) --returns the current level of the passive
  17.     end
  18.    else
  19.     --skill not purchased, 0 points spent
  20.    end
  21.   end
  22.  end
  23. end

this way you get the amount of spent skill points for every skill that you can see in the skill window
so no information on eg werewolf skills if you aren't a werewolf... though you can't have spent points in that tree anyway.

edit:
maybe this can help you as well: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...illPoints.html

Last edited by Shinni : 05/15/14 at 01:29 PM.
05/15/14, 02:10 PM   #3
arkemiffo
Thanks.
This is really helpful.

I'll definitely look into this and scrutinize every letter and symbol until I understand what I did different.
05/15/14, 03:09 PM   #4
arkemiffo
Ok, I've played around with this a little bit now, and it has the same issue as I did (although I must say this is sooooo much cleaner coding than what I had).

The problem is that if you haven't spent any skillpoint at any point you don't have any progression in certain morphs, so they simply don't show up.
If I have spent skillpoint in a morph for a skill I can see both morphs no matter which one I have bought, or if I have bought the other at any time.

For example:
On my Templar I've not specced into Dual at any time. This means I can see the skills for the dual wield (so what I can see in the skill window), but I can't see any morphs from those skills. For Twin Slashes I want to be able to return both Rending Slashes and Blood Craze, but neither of them are returned.

I think I was a bit unclear with that in my first post, and made it look like I couldn't see any of the skills at all. It is only the morphs I'm not getting returned in anyway.

It should be said that I most possibly don't understand the code in the SpentSkillPoint addon either, but from what I can understand that addon aren't looking for morphs that has no current progression either.
05/15/14, 03:29 PM   #5
Iyanga
Originally Posted by arkemiffo View Post
On my Templar I've not specced into Dual at any time. This means I can see the skills for the dual wield (so what I can see in the skill window), but I can't see any morphs from those skills. For Twin Slashes I want to be able to return both Rending Slashes and Blood Craze, but neither of them are returned.

I think I was a bit unclear with that in my first post, and made it look like I couldn't see any of the skills at all. It is only the morphs I'm not getting returned in anyway.

I tried to build a skill tree and had to give up.
05/15/14, 04:36 PM   #6
arkemiffo
Yeah, I was afraid of that.

Seems like the hard way is the only way around it.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Skills without any levels