03/02/19, 11:23 PM   #1
Marrythottins
Is no addon up to date ?

I am trying tio install AUI for eso, but it ses its not up to date. i dont know how to update it ? minion says its up to date.

What do i do ?

My game refuses to even aknowlidge that its there. Just gives me the error code and then the games just looks like always.
03/03/19, 08:01 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Which error code do you get? You should write it to the addons comments then or use the bug panel for it.
Try to enable the "use out of date" checkbox in the addon manager to enable dependent libraries!
03/04/19, 08:00 PM   #3
Demiknight
It's probably worth mentioning that

a) Addon creators can have RL commitments that cause an addon to fall behind.
b) They also may have stopped playing ESO.

I can't comment on AUI, not using it. Searching here I do see that AUI has the main addon, there is also a 4.3 patch separate from the addon.

Addon: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...dvancedUI.html
Patched Version: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...dvancedUI.html

Patch versions like this are typically other ESO members, not the addon author, making updates. Trying to keep addons that aren't getting love alive.
03/04/19, 08:38 PM   #4
Coorbin
Each time there is an API bump we get posts like this

Basically, every addon has a text file where the addon author has to declare the API versions that supposedly work with their addon. API versions look something like this: 100024. The last two digits are the "API bump version". Wrathstone, the latest expansion, bumped it to 100026, so any addons that have 100025 or lower in their text file, shows out of date according to ESO.

The thing is, though, that not every API bump breaks backwards compatibility. And when they do, they probably only break some very small / insignificant things, not massive swaths of functionality. So there is still a lot of Lua code that will continue to work 100% fine, even unmodified, from previous versions to Wrathstone.

So, when you get ESO warning you that addons are "out of date", that isn't talking about needing to download updates from Minion. It's just saying that the number in the text file is less than what it should be. But, unless the actual code of the addon broke with Wrathstone (which is not very likely, per my own testing), this isn't a problem at all.

Simply press Esc, click ADD-ONS, and tick the box that says "Allow add-ons of other client versions". Then /reloadui or press E. Problem solved -- almost guaranteed, unless Wrathstone really did break your addon code, in which case someone would need to patch it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Is no addon up to date ?