05/01/14, 01:19 AM   #1
fyren
Microsoft Jscript Runtime Error

Hello !

I just installed Minion, but when I lauch it, I got an error :

"Automation server can't create object".

I have to dismiss it several time before I can have access to Minion, and when I'm using the soft, the error pop several time. Very annoying.

Do you have an idea why I got this error ?

05/01/14, 01:33 AM   #2
Blackwolfe
Getting the same issue, not sure if it has to do with my Antivirus (avast) or firewall (online firewall). No matter what exceptions I set up I still get the error. And no, I do not want to disable any of them.

At the moment, I just click through the error messages. But it gets really annoying, especially since there is no way to scan for addon updates after the initial startup of minion.

(note: I try to start minion the first thing I do when I boot up my computer, to avoid the errors at least the first time)
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (4.0 KB, 472 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (19.4 KB, 500 views)

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 01:44 PM.
05/01/14, 01:48 PM   #3
Blackwolfe
Added my log files, you should do so as well Fyren.

Switching default browser from Firefox to IE helps, but I DONT want IE as default browser, lol.
05/01/14, 01:57 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for your files and information. I dont have a solution yet however I do have a ticket for this as it is affecting many other people.

The information about switching away from Firefox and it working is interesting. Can I ask are you using profiles on Firefox? Also what plugins do you have installed?

I dont have any trouble with Chrome or Firefox as my default browser, I dont use IE either. So there must be something different between my Firefox and yours?

Last edited by Dolby : 05/01/14 at 02:10 PM.
05/01/14, 02:03 PM   #5
Blackwolfe
No, I don't use profiles. Or well, I use a profile I copied from my previous windows installation.

Hrm, you got me thinking when you mention the extension. I do have noscript and adblock installed. Gonna try something.

Edit: Disabled both of those, still happening.

Edit2: Disabled all of my firefox addons and the error no longer occurs. Gonna try switching them on and off one by one.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 02:49 PM.
05/01/14, 02:21 PM   #6
Blackwolfe
I might have found the culprit.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...cmanfasterfox/

Not 100% sure but I'll run some more tests.

Edit: Yep, I'm pretty sure it's what causing it. Which might mean that my settings in the addon do not work very well with Minion.

That might mean that similar firefox addons or other software that do the same thing might cause the error.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 02:25 PM.
05/01/14, 02:31 PM   #7
Blackwolfe
Another thing, I had the addon set to turbocharged, which does not follow follow rfc specifications and can increase the load on websites. But if setting it to optimized the error does not seem to occur. I don't know exactly what the addon does that breaks minion.

It might be the root of some peoples problems though. It would be interesting to see if they run any software or browser addon that helps websites load faster.

Edit: The error came back even with optimized. I'll run without the addon for tonight and see if the errors appear again.

Hope any of this helps figure out the root cause of peoples with the same error I really had no idea that it could have to do with browser addons, because I had no idea that the addon interacted with the default browser in any way :P

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 02:38 PM.
05/01/14, 02:58 PM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Interesting Blackwolfe,

I will talk to our java programmer about this and see what we can do from our side.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Dolby : 05/01/14 at 03:02 PM.
05/01/14, 03:27 PM   #9
Blackwolfe
The error came back. Grr..

However, there is no error when firefox is closed. So it has to be some kind of addon.

Right, so I'm running:

Foxclocks
Adblock Plus
Case Changer
Swedish Dictionary
Feed Sidebar
Foxclocks
Google Docs Viewer
Mediahint
Nimbus Screen capture
Noscript
S3 download statusbar
Smartvideo for youtube
Socialfixer
Translate this
Youtube ALL Html

Edit: It might be noscript after all. Some setting that blocks something. But I have no idea what.

*tries starting Minion again* Darnit, error again!

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Additional info
05/01/14, 03:40 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks Blackwolfe, I'll see if I can reproduce it on my system tonight with all those extensions.
05/02/14, 01:32 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you using a proxy in Firefox? I think another thread mentioned that disabling that allowed minion to work, though I'm not certain if it's the same issue.
05/02/14, 04:07 PM   #12
Blackwolfe
Hrm, I thought I had mediahint (which I use to watch US content on netflix) switched off. Removed it since I only use mediahint in google chrome. No error, for now.

So yeah, I guess I had a proxy running on FF after all :P

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/02/14 at 04:10 PM.
05/03/14, 04:59 AM   #13
Blackwolfe
After two days of testing. I can now say that I have not gotten any errors whatsoever with mediahint off when using firefox. So yeah, this time I am fairly certain that it was causing the errors.

One piece of information I never really saw anywhere about Minion is that it uses the settings of your default browser. So that's a pretty big piece of information that needs to be easily accessible (if it is, I must have missed it bigtime). That or make the client run it's separate settings independent from the default browser.

Because it was not until I read the thread about firefox profiles that I realised that it was the case.
05/03/14, 09:46 AM   #14
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you for your testing and information.

Yeah I agree I don't think its a good idea to have Minion use browser settings although that may be out of our control and something that java does on its own. I'll be discussing this with our java programmer very soon.

Thanks again!
05/16/14, 06:34 PM   #15
fyren
I'm not using firefox as default browser but Google Chrome.
I have desactivated all my extensions and check for any proxy (don't have anyone).
And still gor the error :/

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Microsoft Jscript Runtime Error