05/25/14, 04:41 AM   #1
MrFloppy
Minion does not recognise document folder

Hi, I'm having a problem getting minion to recognise my documents folder. It just will not find any of the installed addons. I have an SSD and moved all documents to "My Documents" on another drive. Minion insists on creating a document folder on my C drive. How do I get minion to recognise D:\My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns folder ?
Thanks in advance
05/25/14, 08:58 AM   #2
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In Minion, click on Options. There is a edit box for the add-on path.
05/25/14, 02:40 PM   #3
MrFloppy
Took several attempts to get it to recognise the right destination folder but appears to be working now
Thanks
06/05/14, 07:40 AM   #4
Corlantis
I was having the same problem and, in case this helps someone else, here's what I found to make this work.

I have moved my documents folder on another hard drive (to optimize the main drive SSD space). I linked the documents folder in this drive (F: ) to C:/users/<username>/My Documents

If I enter the C: path (this works in Windows Explorer and all other programs I have tested with so far), Minion does NOT detect the add-ons in my directory.

When I entered the path on the F: drive (i.e. to the same location), it finally worked!

Last edited by Corlantis : 06/05/14 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typo
06/05/14, 01:14 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We are working on a way for Minion to read the windows document folder variable. We have to work around a bug in java not allowing us to read the path in the registry but we are working on it.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion does not recognise document folder