11/05/14, 11:25 PM   #1
spinality
Suggest 'feature request' forum

It would be helpful if there were a place to put Minion suggestions. Here's mine:
  1. Display 'last update' date in the main addon lists, and let us sort by this. I'd really like to start purging my really old updates.
  2. Provide a more structured way for Minion (or users?) to flag obsolete out-of-date updates so we can more easily ignore or remove them.
  3. Provide some cross-check of my installed addons that are not present on the server, a good sign they are probably obsolete.

I have a lot of obsolete addons that still seem to work OK so I am reluctant to scrap them out of hand. But a little more Minion assistance seems possible.
11/06/14, 02:53 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
lets gather all suggestions here
i will add yours in first post
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2029
11/06/14, 12:29 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Please just post your suggestions as new threads here like you have. We look at them and create tickets in our jira backlog for them.

1. You can do this already, look in the "sort by" drop down box.

2. Not sure what you're talking about here? AddOn's are flagged as compatible with versions of the game. AddOns that don't have a 1.5 flag are out of date. We have a feature coming soon where you can only display addons under findmore that are flagged as compatible with the latest patch.

3. Good idea, thanks.

Last edited by Dolby : 11/06/14 at 12:33 PM.
11/06/14, 12:43 PM   #4
spinality
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Please just post your suggestions as new threads here like you have. We look at them and create tickets in our jira backlog for them.

2. Not sure what you're talking about here? AddOn's are flagged as compatible with versions of the game. AddOns that don't have a 1.5 flag are out of date. We have a feature coming soon where you can only display addons under findmore that are flagged as compatible with the latest patch.

3. Good idea, thanks.
Thanks much for the reply; it's good to know what we're supposed to do. FYI, regarding suggestions 1&2 above, this had to do with what data is displayed for the addons in the main list, whether installed or finding more. (I realize we can also sort by 'latest' but this meets a different need.) When scanning through a long list (I have 88 add-ons in my list) it would be great to have that extra visual feedback about addons that may be problems. The visual feedback used to flag pending updates is great; similar feedback for aging and obsolete entries would help draw attention to them. Thanks again for a great tool.
11/12/14, 02:29 AM   #5
spinality
Note that we can sort 'find more' by latest but we can't sort installed add-ons this way. If I could do that it would help spot obsolete add-ons. Just to clarify what I'm after.
11/13/14, 01:22 PM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by spinality View Post
Note that we can sort 'find more' by latest but we can't sort installed add-ons this way. If I could do that it would help spot obsolete add-ons. Just to clarify what I'm after.
Sorry our development version currently has the feature to sort by latest under "installed", my mistake as I forgot that isn't live yet. This will be released along with a bunch of other features once we finish the jdk8 upgrade. I want to say next week some time but we aren't 100% sure of what all will be broken/fixed switching to jdk8 yet. We will also be implementing Guice DI too which will allow for better unit testing, etc.

Last edited by Dolby : 11/13/14 at 01:25 PM.
11/13/14, 02:52 PM   #7
spinality
Sorry our development version currently has the feature to sort by latest under "installed", my mistake as I forgot that isn't live yet.
Oh, that's great, thanks for clarifying. I'll look forward to that feature. Thanks again for great work.
01/28/15, 04:59 AM   #8
spinality
Sorry our development version currently has the feature to sort by latest under "installed", my mistake as I forgot that isn't live yet. This will be released along with a bunch of other features once we finish the jdk8 upgrade. I want to say next week some time but we aren't 100% sure of what all will be broken/fixed switching to jdk8 yet. We will also be implementing Guice DI too which will allow for better unit testing, etc.
Any idea when this capability will show up? It's been a while since we've seen an update.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Suggest 'feature request' forum