07/07/14, 07:52 AM   #1
pinstripesc
What is this?

I asked around on the ESO forums and was given the impression this was an addon error, which I assumed, or everyone and their dog would be griping about it. Even got a moderator response where he suggested it was an 'orange moustache'! Then he said if it wasn't from the vanilla game they couldn't provide support for it, so he didn't seem to know what it was either...

07/07/14, 08:39 AM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can't say I ever saw something like that.

Have you tried disabling all the Addons and reloadin the UI? If it was an addon, it should vanish.
Have you made a repair scan of the client?
What exactly do you do before that appears? Is it just there after every login?
07/07/14, 08:49 AM   #3
Shinni
It looks a lot like the frame for boss healthbars. Do you have addons installed, that modify healthbars?
07/07/14, 11:26 AM   #4
CrazyDutchGuy

It is the frame that goes on both sides of the health bars. Well at least part of it. Only option to verify is to disable all yur addons and see if problem still exists.
07/07/14, 01:26 PM   #5
SkOODaT

its an addon causing it i have the same issue every time i log in or reload ... i had figured out what addon was causeing it but i completely forget now lol ill update if i remember lol
07/07/14, 10:06 PM   #6
pinstripesc
Haha.

Yeah, I was thinking it looked a lot like the frame you get on bosses, only glowy. Someone else suggested that too. I do use a lot of addons (38 atm) and that's definitely the cause, I never really attributed it to an ESO bug. It shows up when I first log into the character and sort of faintly glows in and out, but it disappears after about 10 seconds then never comes back. Someone said there's disappeared as soon as they targeted something with health.

Honestly it's not that big of a deal but it's been there forever and I'm just trying to figure out where it came from! Someone suggested disabling Combat Indicator, which I'm gonna try. I could go through all my other addons 1 by 1 but that'd take..forever

I have repaired the client since it started, I've had it for like 2 months. I'll test it soon here to see if it disappears with everything disabled.

Here's what I'm using atm -

PL_CombatIndicator"
pNames"
questBuddy"
SimpleHelmetToggle"
SkyShards"
SoftcapInfo"
SpentSkillPoints"
Srendarr"
Stacked"
swaps"
ThurisazGuildInfo"
AlphaTools"
Azurah
CombatCloud"
DerpURL"
DialogTweaks"
dtCommands"
Durability"
FoundryTacticalCombat" (not even enabled, just put this in yesterday)
ggFrames" (after the fact)
GreymindQuickSlotBar"
GuildStoreSearch"
HarvensAliases"
HarvensAllExperienceBars"
HarvensCustomMapPins"
HarvensImprovedSkillsWindow"
HarvensQuestJournal"
HarvensTraitAndStyle"
HarvestMap"
InventoryGridView"
ItemSaver"
JPGScreenshot"
LootDrop"
LootFilterRemix"
LoreBooks"
Luminary_Actionbars"
OptionsRestacker"
pChat"

I've highlighted the ones I would think might have anything to do with it, I dunno how most of those others could touch that sorta thing. I did think it was Azurah when it first happened and asked the author, but he didn't know what it was, and someone else on the official forums also said they used Azurah but it didn't seem to be the cause.

Last edited by pinstripesc : 07/07/14 at 10:19 PM.
07/07/14, 10:29 PM   #7
SkOODaT

Originally Posted by pinstripesc View Post
Haha.

Yeah, I was thinking it looked a lot like the frame you get on bosses, only glowy. Someone else suggested that too. I do use a lot of addons (38 atm) and that's definitely the cause, I never really attributed it to an ESO bug. It shows up when I first log into the character and sort of faintly glows in and out, but it disappears after about 10 seconds then never comes back. Someone said there's disappeared as soon as they targeted something with health.

Honestly it's not that big of a deal but it's been there forever and I'm just trying to figure out where it came from! Someone suggested disabling Combat Indicator, which I'm gonna try. I could go through all my other addons 1 by 1 but that'd take..forever

I have repaired the client since it started, I've had it for like 2 months. I'll test it soon here to see if it disappears with everything disabled.

Here's what I'm using atm -

PL_CombatIndicator"
pNames"
questBuddy"
SimpleHelmetToggle"
SkyShards"
SoftcapInfo"
SpentSkillPoints"
Srendarr"
Stacked"
swaps"
ThurisazGuildInfo"
AlphaTools"
Azurah
CombatCloud"
DerpURL"
DialogTweaks"
dtCommands"
Durability"
FoundryTacticalCombat" (not even enabled, just put this in yesterday)
ggFrames" (after the fact)
GreymindQuickSlotBar"
GuildStoreSearch"
HarvensAliases"
HarvensCustomMapPins"
HarvensQuestJournal"
HarvensTraitAndStyle"
HarvestMap"
InventoryGridView"
ItemSaver"
JPGScreenshot"
LootDrop"
LootFilterRemix"
LoreBooks"
Luminary_Actionbars"
OptionsRestacker"
pChat"

I've highlighted the ones I would think might have anything to do with it, I dunno how most of those others could touch that sorta thing. I did think it was Azurah when it first happened and asked the author, but he didn't know what it was, and someone else on the official forums also said they used Azurah but it didn't seem to be the cause.

i run way more then that lol .... just take them out one by one and do a /reloadui

the addons i think i have installed also are:
PL_CombatIndicator"
SkyShards"
SoftcapInfo"
SpentSkillPoints"
Srendarr"
swaps"
ThurisazGuildInfo"
DialogTweaks"
Durability"
GreymindQuickSlotBar"
GuildStoreSearch"
HarvensAliases"
HarvensCustomMapPins"
HarvensQuestJournal"
HarvensTraitAndStyle"
HarvestMap"
InventoryGridView"
ItemSaver"
LootDrop"
LoreBooks"
OptionsRestacker"

must be one of these
07/07/14, 10:43 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Don't do it one by one. That's way too annoying to put yourself through. Treat it the same way we tell people to treat it anytime they get an addon error. Do it by halves:
  • Disable all of your addons.
  • Take your list of addons, divide it in half.
  • Re-enable the first half of the list.
  • Is the error (in this case, graphic) showing now?
  • If no, then you know it's one of the addons in the other half.
  • Now disable the first half and re-enable the second half.
  • Is the error (in this case, graphic) back?
Once you figure out which half makes the error (in this case, graphic) show up again, you rinse and repeat:
  • Take the half that made is show up again, and divide it in half.
  • Re-enable half of the list.
  • Is the error (in this case, graphic) ....

Rinse and repeat until you work your way down to the single addon that's causing the problem.

99 times out of 100, this method will work. Sure, there will be the odd occasion when it is a combination of two or more are conflicting, but in general ...

Last edited by Cairenn : 07/07/14 at 10:46 PM.
07/08/14, 01:34 AM   #9
pinstripesc
Cool, I'll try it out, thanks.

@SkOODaT - how do you use many more than that and not get 'too many anchors'? I turned FTC on today and got that error starting to show again.
07/08/14, 02:44 AM   #10
zgrssd

@SkOODaT - how do you use many more than that and not get 'too many anchors'? I turned FTC on today and got that error starting to show again.
Those errors can be supressed (and mostly they are harmless):
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...chorsAway.html

And afaik mostly it is related to LAM version 1.0. If he uses a lot of LAM 2.0 addons or ones without config page, they are not nearly as problematic.
07/08/14, 11:53 AM   #11
SkOODaT

oh i get the anchors issue LOL BugEater (formerly LibDebug) ...... only reason i said to do it one by one is you only have like 20-30 addons wouldnt take long ... im my case tho yea i run like 150 addons so when i troubleshoot i use the method Cairenn suggested
07/08/14, 05:01 PM   #12
pinstripesc
Haha ok!
------------

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » What is this?