08/07/23, 07:44 PM   #1
broken
Addons won't download / Addon update starts and takes forever [Eero?]

I have the 32bit version, I've ran it as admin with permissions and allowed it through firewall but i can't get it to download addons. They just say "downloading" forever but never finish and install.

Please help!
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (31.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.0 KB, 137 views)
08/08/23, 01:58 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you guys seriously kidding us here?
This is somewhat annoying. READ please!
I even changed the thread names to contain the [Eero] information for you guys to find it more easily.
-> The last 5 threads now are about the same and that was answered IN DETAIL often enough.

Info: Your log file says the very same as the last guy asking
Connect to cdn.esoui.com:443 [cdn.esoui.com/192.168.4.1] failed: Connection refused:

Thanks for using the forum search, OR reading the last threads in this Minion forum.
The sticky thread "troubleshooting" contains the answer too, search for "Eero" e.g.
I've now edited a 3rd time and even described it with more detail. Hopefully it is clear now.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/08/23 at 02:12 AM.
08/08/23, 03:43 AM   #3
broken
I shoulda checked the forums again today before posting. Sorry.

This is day two of trying to get it to work and I was just fed up and went straight to posting on here. My first day trying, I did read through the forum and couldn't find anything related to the issues I was encountering. I had no idea it had something to do with Eero, which didn't help. So i searched and searched for reasons Minion wouldn't complete addon download/installation but they all had different problems or solutions that I tried to no avail. It's really strange so many people all of a sudden had similar issues with Eero. Maybe they recently updated and for some reason it added "esoui.com" to a blocked list.

Thank you for helping!! I'm sorry again for not checking the forums.
08/08/23, 07:38 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for your feedback and the explanation why you could'nt find it.
I noticed you had read the troubleshooting guide as you referenced the 32bit version and priviledged rights.

I've changed your thread name here so that others might find it, or it's relevancy, more easily. Same was done at the Troubleshooting guide.

Just a quick question:
What I understood is that your router is an "Eero" device too and thus the cdn.esoui.com website was blocked?

It's really strange so many people all of a sudden had similar issues with Eero. Maybe they recently updated and for some reason it added "esoui.com" to a blocked list.
Eero had added that website to a "global" blacklist somehow, a few days/1-2 weeks ago. I don't know why. But that makes the ones using their router and software fail to download files from esoui now until you unblock it again, manually.

What I can ask you to do:
Maybe you, and other Eero users, should contact them and tell them to remoe the blocked website entry from their global list as it's a false positve or whatever.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Addons won't download / Addon update starts and takes forever [Eero?]